Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

MY Trex 450 Nitro

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

MY Trex 450 Nitro

Old 09-29-2007, 02:37 AM
chew1973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Trex 450 Nitro

My Trex 450 1.5 Nitro

I'm now the proud owner of a T-rex 450 XL Nitro, and was hoping you could help me source some spares. 90% of the helicopter used standard T-rex parts, I'm however after the spares for the following:-

1) The blue anodised parts (between the side frames):-

a) Boom mount
b) Ball raced hex starter plate (two parts)
c) Main shaft ball raced plate (two parts)

2) I'm also seeking to source replacements for the anodised side frames

I've attached a number of photos which I *hope* helps you identify the anodised parts. (I suspect the parts are easily identifiable, as the parts are possibly taken from another Micro heli), however doing a few Google searches hasn't turned by many results. It appears the *only* Micro nitro helicopter on the market is the *Blackhawk*, however this is very different to the T-rex, the Blackhawk is available here :-

http://www.helihobby.com/html/black...itro_micro.html

If this is a Japanese import, if you could point me in the right direction of the distributor, any URL's or any contact details you could provide allowing me to follow up I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm currently finishing the build, mainly electrics, but *before* I fly it I'm keen to ensure I can easily get the *non standard* replacement parts, which is sensible move I'm sure you'd agree

Many thanks for your time, and Iook forward to hearing from you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78127.jpg
Views:	1172
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	772459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70207.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	772460   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40372.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	772461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38336.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	772462  
Old 09-29-2007, 10:56 AM
rchotrod

Default RE: MY Trex 450 Nitro

Is it an Align heli? try e-mailing Align themselves. Also include the pics and as much info as possible.

Looks like a neat bird. Have you got it flying yet? What size engine is on it?

you could also check here> helifreak.com They might be able to shed some light on your bird.

Keep us posted on this heli.

See ya
Rod
Old 09-29-2007, 02:50 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Align does not make a 450 nitro. What you have there is most likely a custom built machine. Looks interesting. [8D]

As for parts.. I'd imagine you might need to plunder RC car shops since that's likely a small car engine in there? Especially for stuff like the starter shaft plate.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
chew1973

Hi thanks for the quick responses all, much appreciated!

Correct Align do not make a 450 micro nitro heli, the parts are mostly 450 parts, I guess I should have said it was a custom machine *using* Trex 450 parts.

The engine is a 1.5 nitro which runs on 20% fuel, there's a fan duct as well as an enlarged cooling head on the engine, so there won't be any issues with overheating. In fact this configuration uses custom made parts, and has been designed very well. I've not flown her as yet as I need a new receiver (the rudder channel is dead!) hence most of the electrics are yet to be correctly routed and zip tied.

So does anyone recognise the starter plates?

Cheers in advance!
Alex