Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

question about the fly bar and rotor head.....

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

question about the fly bar and rotor head.....

Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 AM
matador_24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about the fly bar and rotor head.....

Hi guys..... I had a crash last week.... I bought the spare and everything seems to be ok, but I realized that one of the screws that are in the chain saw arms (I think that is the name of the part, anyway, I marked in the attached picture) was loose almost dropping, so, I took off both and I applied a bit of threadlock and I screwed them back again, this time tight...... but now, the fly bar is hard, it doesn't move easily, before, when moving cyclic and pitch randomly the fly bar would tip or move freely, now it doesn't as shown in the video, I don't know what is normal and what is not, because this is my first t-rex, so, I can't compare how it is with how it should be..... what did I do???? how should it be????? loose or tight??? at the end of the video [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFhumakYl4[/link] is tight, as you can see, even if I push with my finger, it moves slightly, almost nothing... suggestions?????? Thankssssss
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58167.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	772544  
Old 09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
john_doe

Default RE: question about the fly bar and rotor head.....

The flybar should be 'loose'... It should be able to move as freely as possible. On my helis, I can blow on it (like blowing out the flame of a candle) and the flybar will move. If I flik the flybar with my finger, it moves, and even bounce back. I would not even try to fly the heli in the video with the flybar(seesaw?) that tight.

Unscrew it and redo. Test how freely it moves while tighten the screw just a tiny bit at a time, and when it starts to bind back of just a tiny bit. (thats just how I do it)
Old 10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
rlsloan

The flybar assembly must be loose on the seesaw holder. In fact, there should be a very slight movement back and forth. Unless there is a defective part, the space between the (2) flybar control arms is fixed by the (2) flybar control rods. The most likely cause of your problem is mis-assembly.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Andir

Check out the video "General Maintenance Ad-hoc Video" by Finless located here:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

You'll see how easily everything should move.