Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

yet another noob question!

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

yet another noob question!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
magimat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another noob question!

Hey,

I just got my T-Rex 450SE v2 kit w/ DX7 TX (a few hours ago) and I have to say that I'm really exited about it. Everything looks great and I'm sure I'll have a great time building it and then flying it and then maybe crashing it.. but.. let's forget this part for now :-)

For now, I only have a couple of easy questions for you all guys.

First, I noticed that there are 2 plugs on the DX7 charger, one for the TX of course and another one for the RX battery. Back from my limited experience with rc planes a few years ago, I remember having this kind of charger which would charge both the TX and NiMh RX battery pack. I am assuming that the RX charger plug is now useless for me since my RX will be powered with the lipo, right? I'm almost sure about this one, but I'd just want it confirmed?

Second, I noticed that the Align lipo that comes with the TREX kit does not includes any kind of plug. It's the same for the ESC, there is no plug for the leads that will connect to the lipo. I thought there would be some dean connectors included, but it doesnt look like it. Does it mean I have to provide my own dean connectors? No big deal, but it's kinda weird that its not included.. not 100% RTF :-)

As I said, just 2 very simple questions for now, I'm sure I'll have more questions later on when I start putting it all together, but for now, thats about it. I'm also watching all the intruction videos from a guy called Finless Bob on helifreak.com, those are really helpful, great value.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM
rlsloan

Default RE: yet another noob question!

1. Correct. The only charger plug you will ever use for electric is the tx plug.
2. Supply your own Dean's Plug for the battery-ESC connection. Male on the ESC side. Horizontal blade to +.
3. Supply your own brushless motor gold connectors (3).
Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
magimat

Default RE: yet another noob question!

thanks

As for the motor connectors, those are included in the kit, only need to solder it.