Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

DX7 receiver power

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

DX7 receiver power

Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
magimat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 receiver power

Hi,

How does the AR7000 receiver that comes with the DX7 (or any other receiver in a heli using lipo packs I assume) gets power?

There is a plug for a DC power source in the AR7000 under the channels plugs, but I dont think any other power source than the lipo pack is required, right? I am assuming the dc input plug on the AR7000 is for use on a nitro heli or plane and it simply gets power from the throttle for a lipo heli.

There is a little power symbol above the throttle channel plug, which probably means the RX gets its power from the throttle that comes from the ESC, right?

I was just wondering how the wire can act as a throttle channel output and DC power input for the RX? I guess this is why there is 3 wires on the plug?

I'd like some explanation on this part please. I read all the manuals, ESC, TREX and DX7 and none really explains this.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 PM
RussWisc

Default RE: DX7 receiver power

your power come from the ESC 3 wires ... 1 grd ,,, 1 power ,,, 1 signal

you can unplug the throtle plug and use a 4.8v RX battery with switch harrness for tuning and bench work to servos and links so your not powering the motor (safer) .. just remove 4.8v RX and plug in ESC to fly it
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
RussWisc

sorry ...... the 3 wires are the same as my JR ..... Red Pos power ... Brown Neg or grd ..... Orange - Signal from RX

Power on a TRex 450 .... RCE-BL35X is 6V if you have a 4.8v only servo you need a 5v step down between Rx and servo most servos are 6v except some Gyro ones ..... my JR DS3400G is a 4.8v/6v on gyro
Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
magimat

thanks