Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

question about pitch in normal flight

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

question about pitch in normal flight

Old 10-08-2007, 05:55 PM
matador_24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about pitch in normal flight

Hi guys...... after a crash, I had problems having my t-rex pitch set up, I don't know what was wrong, but after 3hrs....

1. in normal flight (I am not using IDLE 1) the pitch at center position is 5deg, that means that at low position must be 2 or 3deg, I hover with the throttle below center position, hehehehe.... what is wrong with that????? the t-rex flies smooth and the battery lasts way longer!!!! 8-9mins (before it was 5mins) I guess because the motor at less RPM. Staying in normal flight.... what is wrong with it, can I keep it that way??????? even if it was windy, I was able to land it safely and I don't mind having almost double of flying time!!!!!

2. Something else, in those 3 hours, my main problem was that there was always a difference of 2 deg in the pitch at any point of the throttle stick, I checked and rechecked the lenght of the linkages and everything seemed to be ok, for example, while being in center position the pitch in one blade was 2deg and the pitch in the other was 0deg, high position 10, the other 8, low position -2, othe -3...... why????? what can it be?????? Thanksss
Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Dave_E

Default RE: question about pitch in normal flight

What kind of battery are you using and what kind of flying are you doing to only get 5 minutes? Seem to me a setup that hovers below 1/2 stick is not near as stable as one with higher RPM. The norm here from what I've read is slightly above 1/2 stick.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
rlsloan

Hover should be about 75% throttle for a student. 2 degree pitch difference on rotor blades is huge. You had better figure that out.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
heartofmadnes

Something is A-FOOT AT the Circle K...5 minutes with hover? Are you also using the 325 woodies? 315?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
matador_24

I am using MegaPower 2200 18C, it gave me something like 6mins when my hover was at 70%, then 9mins with hover at 40% and now, after reading that the low RPM could affect, I tried to fix the pitch and it hovers now at 55%, it gave me around 6mins again [] . I don't know what is wrong with the pitch, in the Tx I have the pitch at 50%, I don't want to decrease it because then I'll have more negative (I am not sure about that though), right now I have -2 in NORMAL FLIGHT at low position, 5deg center stick and, 7deg 70% stick and 10deg at 100%. it is very smooth but the heli pulls to the left I have to apply some subtrim to the right to keep it centered.

I saw something weird, I don.t know much about blade tracking but I guess that because of the 2deg of difference it was pretty bad, I closed the lower blade linkage (I guess it increases the pitch) in order to get them tracked, finally it worked, but here is my question...... it seems that it starts ok, until throttle reaches 50% when the tracking seems to be quiet untracked and then after 60% it gets better again..... is that normal???? or it should be TRACKED at all time????? what can be wrong with it?????

I am a newbie, really tired of playing with the linkages to get the correct pitch.... I am thinking that since I fly in normal mode and just basic hovering and some FF, I am gonna stay with that configuration until I crash [&o](being negative) and then to work in the pitch starting from 0.... can I do that???? or I really should fix it now???? Thanks for your time guys.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Dave_E

It's not that hard to start over with a full rig (setup). After you've done the setup, yes you'll have radical, like -11 to +11 pitch, but thats's where the curves come in. Now you can tweek the RADIO. I've got mine toned down so my pitch is a -2 at low stick, 0 at mid stick and 6 or 7 at full stick. For me and my hover learning, FF, etc, this is a very non-agressive curve. Yes, get the tracking in order. A balanced, well set up heli is soooooo much more fun to fly than one your fighting all the time!