Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

weak seesaw?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak seesaw?

okay so i just get my batts and am doing great hovering the rex for maiden flight checked everything doing great solid hovers at about 3 ft up when boom something goes flying past my head just missing my ear and imbeds in the sheetrock wall behind me,hit throttle stop and bird lands okay battery went flying.what happened was the seesaw broke at the flybar joints and went flying.only damage is seesaw, the half i could find,and flybar.anti rotation bracket and seesaw holder.lucky i read things and mounted the gy401 on the bottom cause when the flybar bent it hit the batt and had the gyro been on top it would have destroyed it.so anyhow going to order a new metal head tomorrow and replace whats needed,but boy was it fun.just glad i still have an ear lolo could have been worse.its the sa model and i would recommend anyone with a plastic flybar cage get the metal one
Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: weak seesaw?

No way! Any way of telling if there was some kind of binding in the linkages that stressed that seesaw? I have heard of guys losing it in a crash, but never hovering like that. Sorry to hear that oly......... Is it gonna be ready for this coming weekend??

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:44 AM

I had that happen with my Hurricane's plastic blade grips this weekend. I was going easy on it with a coulpe of loops and rolls and the arm on the grip ripped off. Luckily I still had some control and was able to get it close enough to the deck before I had to cut it. Landed in tall grass and wet dirt and only busted the skids. Immediately upgraded to metal.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:19 AM

actually where it broke was on both sides where the setscrew goes in to attach it to the seesaw holder am getting metal replacements if hobbytown has the parts i need i should be up and good by sun i hope
if not then next week for sure