Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Trying to get 0 Pitch at half stick

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trying to get 0 Pitch at half stick

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:06 PM
jbolt1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get 0 Pitch at half stick

I'm trying to get 0 pitch at half stick and I am negative about 2 degrees. In the manual it says to lengthen the pitch,ail,and elev arms. I went in to the sub trim menu in the dx7 and just bumped those up equally about 8 clicks and now I have 0 degrees at half stick. Is that ok to do? or should I lengthen the arms.
I am getting -2 at low in normal + 10 at high and in stunt 1 + 10 and - 10
Thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 PM
tippy

Default RE: Trying to get 0 Pitch at half stick

ORIGINAL: jbolt1

I'm trying to get 0 pitch at half stick and I am negative about 2 degrees. In the manual it says to lengthen the pitch,ail,and elev arms. I went in to the sub trim menu in the dx7 and just bumped those up equally about 8 clicks and now I have 0 degrees at half stick. Is that ok to do? or should I lengthen the arms.
Thanks
You should always try to achieve your settings via mechanical adjustments before using any TX trim. When the mechanical adjustments have gotten you as close as you can get (and you are still a smidge off) ... then make use of the TX (sub) trims.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with tippy. Set your heli up at o degrees center stick mechanically first. then adjust subtrims/trims etc.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 PM
jbolt1

I put all the sub trims back and set it up mechanically. It all worked out good. It took me a little longer but I think I have a better understanding of the helicopter now and how to set it up properly. Thanks for the reply to do it right the first time.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 AM
tippy

ORIGINAL: jbolt1

Thanks
I noticed that you said "the manual" says to adjust the 3 linkages BELOW the swash: pitch, ail, and elev.

Although this may accomplish what you need, generally adjustment here is used to place the swash at the center of it's travel (the position you want 0° to occur). They're also used to level the swash if required.
Adjusting the three is usually NOT what you adjust to get the correct blade pitch (when the swash is in the right place). The two long linkages from the swash to the rotor head is what you should adjust to get the right pitch.

In summary:
Adjust the three linkages to place the swash where you want it to be when 0° is achieved and
Adjust the two linkages to get 0° at the blades when the swash is at the 0° point in it's travel.

But you generally shouldn't adjust the three linkages to get the correct pitch at the blades.

But if it works for you ...
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
jbolt1

I did not use the three linkages. I ended up watching finless videos again and adjusted the other 2. I leveled the swash like you said with the three and then the other 2 to get the pitch. Thanks for all the advice. Im a newbie and just learning.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
tippy

jbolt1:: ... Im a newbie and just learning.
We were all newbies at one time ...

As long as you are willing to learn something new ... you're on the right track.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:46 AM
techrtr

I watched the Finless videos again, and one thing I noticed is he points to the short links attached to the blade grips and says to adjust them to get 0 pitch. Other people and some of the manuals I've looked at say to adjust the long links from the swash. So, does it matter which set of links you adjust?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
MiniCwik

The short links work to get pitch, the long links also work to get pitch.

Here is also what Finless mentioned and I found, once you get 0 pitch at midstick you will have to look at your blade tracking and once you identify the high or low blade you adjust its corresponding link to the blade grip but if you can't get the tracking right on with making full turns on the short grip, you use the long link from the swash which results in half-turn when compared to the short links.

Hope that helps!