Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Pics of my Zit (T-Rex450sa)

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Pics of my Zit (T-Rex450sa)

Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
alienteabagger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my Zit (T-Rex450sa)

Well Zit has got a new gyro, the Logitech 2100T (it's the same gyro as the HiTec HG-5000). Fabricated some spacers for the rear skids to give the heli a tail high stance, this should help keep the tail rotors out of the grass. However the canopy has been through many many bad things and is more tape than plastic [sm=punching.gif] it's battle tested man!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91497.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	963318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75411.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	963319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa33333.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	963320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yp93551.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	963321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xw35829.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	963322  
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM
HeliSmith

Default RE: Pics of my Zit (T-Rex450sa)

Nice man I am building these for HeliHobby customers and I never thought to run the wires like that. I mean of course I do a great job with the wires but that approach seems very smart to me for the ARxxxx series receiver.

You range tested it with the motor running and you aren't having problems with the receiver next to the ESC?
Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 AM
diverjack

ummmmmm.......you need to move your tail servo to the other side of your boom........unless you LIKE boomstrikes!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
alienteabagger

ORIGINAL: HeliSmith

Nice man I am building these for HeliHobby customers and I never thought to run the wires like that. I mean of course I do a great job with the wires but that approach seems very smart to me for the ARxxxx series receiver.

You range tested it with the motor running and you aren't having problems with the receiver next to the ESC?
Not a single problem with range to this day. and since the antennae stick out back further than the width of the lower frames there isn't any chance of a total signal blockage buy any part of the heli in any orientation.

Glad you like it. Ever since my days of bashing my RC-10 buggy around the dirt lots I have been obsessed with making my wiring look neat. But with a buggy there are lots of places to hide wires, not so with a helicopter. If there's anything that makes me cringe is a shiny new machine with wiring thats all over the place, then there's the folks who buy that mesh wrapping for the wiring which to me makes it worse.

When I built my 450, I found that if I braided my cyclic wires together they became much easier to manage. Then, naturally I zip tied them to the inside of the frame. This kept them out of sight, then the gyro, esc, and rudder servo wires are all strategically placed so that it wouldn't be easy to spot excess wire. Not that hard to do. BUT all this neatness makes teardown and rebuild take a bit longer, but that just means more on hands time with the heli