Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-Rex 450 build

Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 AM
DKhairho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex 450 build

I was recently given a brand new T-Rex 450S kit w/ a BL motor and ESC. I already had a gy240 gyro and 4 brand new Hitec HS-55 servos. I am trying to figure out the best set up for basic flying and hovering. I've had the servos and gyro for a good while but never used them so I figured I could save money by throwing them in the T-Rex.

I've been reading through the forums and noticed most talk on T-Rex 450's suggest different servos than the ones I have and the gy401 over the gy240. Since I already have the servos and gyro, I wouldn't need to buy anything other than a tx and rx and a good lipo and charger?

Can someone tell if I am good for now? Once I get into 3D flight I'll look to better servos, etc.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 AM
stump3r

Default RE: T-Rex 450 build

The components you have will serve to get you into the hobby. I fly the HS-55's on my KingII. The only real problem with the HS-55's is that they won't stand up to a crash. I've ditched the King a couple of times and both times a new servo was on order. I would look at using an HS-50 for the tail servo however. The 240 will work fine for an entry level gyro. As you noted above when you get into 3D some upgrades will come. I have a Telebee HH gyro on my 450 and for basic sport flying it's great.When your ready I would recommend stepping the cyclic servos upto the HS-65MG's and your tail servo to a Futaba S9257 or equivalent. Smooth operation and super quick tail. Plus the HS-65's can take a hell of a beating.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
DKhairho

great thanks a bunch!!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
rc-jj

hey there guys and gals - question (again ) .... on the canopy for the ('rex 450 se) i cut out the "main window" (afterthought said i should have just left it alone ) the instructions say to place two screws to hold it (the see through window plastic part) to canopy .... somehow this seems a little suspect to me ... how do you guys get yours to be held to canopy? - i tried using a glue glun but it just looks tacky now ....(hope i did not confuse the heck out of you with my terminology) ....