Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

dx6i gyro travel adjust?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

dx6i gyro travel adjust?

Old 08-10-2008, 01:26 PM
jfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx6i gyro travel adjust?

confusing my self with a new problem,, I am trying to adjust my g770 gyro, what is the difference between gyro travel adjust and rudder travel adjust? gyro manual says to set rudder travel adjust at 150% ,what should the rudder be set at ?

Thanks

dx6i,, trex 450se , g770 gyro
Old 08-10-2008, 02:52 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts
Default RE: dx6i gyro travel adjust?

The rudder channel adjusts the piro speed. If you go 150 you're going to get quite a surprise. If you set it up that way you'd better set a low rate, in the 70 range and try it there before you try high rate.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:23 PM
jfast

thanks,my manual says to set d/r & expo at 65% and 47% ,that should soften it up, so what does the gyro travel adjust do? if rudder travel controls piro speed.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:07 PM
noobflyer01

the gyro travel adjust is where you set your gain to the gyro. providing that the gyro has a gain lead. what kind of gyro do you have?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:13 PM
noobflyer01

also the manual wants you to have the travel adjust on rudder on the radio maxed out when setting up the gyro. then lower it to 100% once setup is complete. that's how i setup my logitech 2100t. i maxed it out on rudder travel adjust ..set the servo limits for left and right rudder then decrease to 100% and trim with rate mode. once the heli is not yawing left or right with little gain in rate thats when you reset the servo limit for left and right rudder then when you switch to head hold increase gain on that till the tail starts wagging then back off till it stops. done correctly the tail will hold solid. works for me.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:16 PM
jfast

I have a JR g770 gyro, I under stand what the travel adjust on the gyro is for, I am wondering what the gyro travel adjust on the radio , should I leave it at 100% I watched the heli freak video and he said something about setting it at 50% (?)

thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 PM
noobflyer01

the gyro travel adjust on the radio is for the remote gain on the gyro. you can set this switch to the gyro switch on the radio. i dont think there's a gain on your g770. that adjustment on your gyro is for the servo limit i believe. this is where you move the rudder on the radio left and right rudder and decrease the amount on the gyro if its binding in either direction. ON THE GYRO. the gyro travel adjust is the remote gain for the gyro. Finless bob explains it best if i'm confusing you.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:05 PM
noobflyer01

if you leave the gyro travel adjust on your radio at 100% your tail will probably wag. Mine on the logitech is at 85% and thats the most gain i've used on any gyros i have. i have the gy401 also and it holds at 65% in heading lock
Old 08-10-2008, 08:09 PM
noobflyer01

bob wants you to have the gain at 50% because you're suppose to hover the helicopter in rate mode and trim then switch to heading hold with the gain turned up until it wags.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
jfast

thanks, I will set my gain at 70% and go fly, and go from there. I was just curious if the travel adjust on the radio was the same as the travel adjust on the gyro.

everday it starts to make sense,, than I go to sleep, [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
noobflyer01

70% sounds about right. . if it holds increase it until it starts to wag alittle. then back down a notch or two. this is needed for the tail to hold during extreme manuevers. punchouts also. the higher the gain without the wag means its gonna hold rock solid.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Skarn

ORIGINAL: noobflyer01

bob wants you to have the gain at 50% because you're suppose to hover the helicopter in rate mode and trim then switch to heading hold with the gain turned up until it wags.

Not sure where you are getting that from.

The Finless Bob video's does NOT have you set up the 401 in rate mode at all. He tells you to center the pitch slider in HH mode and keep the gain at 72% and have fun.

Skarn
Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
noobflyer01

yes skarn you're right about that. but thats for the gy401. much easier to setup than most other gyros. i was refering to the logitech. you do however want to trim in rate with the gy401 as well. if its holding well in rate than you can bet that's its rock solid in head hold.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:10 PM
jfast

set the gyro up per the manual, I put my gain at 69%, She hovers rock solid, Thanks everbody for helping out, learning all the settings is almost harder than learning to fly[sm=spinnyeyes.gif], now that we have her tuned right,time to learn how to fly, so next is if I want to speed up the piro speed I just add more rate, or should I lower the expo? I like how it turns right now, but at sometime I may want to speed it up.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:20 PM
noobflyer01

glad to hear you got it right.. this knowledge you just learned will carry over the next gyro you buy. its hard to setup at first but once you get the hang it of it all other setups will come much easier.

to adjust the piro rate.... increase the rudder travel adjust on - and + and it will increase the speed of how fast your heli will spin. i wouldnt mess with the d/r settings and leave it at 100%. i believe that will only soften up the piro rate. also if you find that it spins one way faster than the other than increase or decrease the rudder travel adjust on the side that you want to adjust.