Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 DX7 problem or not? >

DX7 problem or not?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

DX7 problem or not?

Old 09-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 problem or not?

I think I may have a problem with my dx7. here's what happens; I turn on the transmitter in model select (presing select and down while flipping the switch) to change the model, like from my trex 450 to my funtana. but if instead of pressing down and select again to go to the main menu I use the power switch the model doesn't change. The only way it changes is if I go through the options and the flip the switch, in this normal?? and will this affect flight?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:13 PM

Default RE: DX7 problem or not?

If you hold the scroll down and select button at the same time while turning on the radio you should get the model select screen. It will tell you what model is selected. Then use the increase/decrease button to select the model you want. Then press the scroll down and select buttons at the same time again to go back to the normal screen. If you did it right, the new model you selected will be displayed. Alan
Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM

if I do it that way it does, but if I turn it off and on again instead of pressing down and select again it doesn't change the model.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:24 AM
My Feedback: (3)

If you don't actually select it like ace said, then as far as the radio is concerned, you are just scrolling through your models. It isn't anything wrong with it, you just need to select it.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 6102 transmitter which is virtually identical in programming to the DX7. The transmitter case is the same and has all the same buttons for programming.

I hold the same two buttons down to get to the model select screen. I then use the increase or decrease button to move to the correct model. I don't do anything else except turn the transmitter off and then back on again.

The model I selected before turning the transmitter off is the one that comes up when it is turned back on.

I would have to say that what you are experiencing is not normal as mine works fine doing it the way you describe in your first post.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:27 PM

The Dx7 doesn't work that way. You have to press scroll down and select to switch the model or when you turn the radio back on it will go back to the previously selected model.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 PM

just tried this at my LHS with a new dx7 and it does the same thing so this must be normal. I guess you have to select it like ace said, I think they did this to avoid accidental model select.

Thanks!