Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Flying without gears. Can I? >

Flying without gears. Can I?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Flying without gears. Can I?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying without gears. Can I?

OK remember the crash I posted about? well I managed to get everything fixed except for the servo gears since they're not available at the time. Now my question is if I can at least practice hovering with broken gears or will the servo fail miserably causing more damage?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM

Default RE: Flying without gears. Can I?

are you kidding? right? change those servos asap or dont fly. be patience and dont cost yourself more money than it has to.

here's a vid of a crash on my nice helicopter. i crashed it once before and didnt think anything was wrong with the servos. the first pack after i repaired went well and nothing appeared to be wrong. on the second pack i started to really push it and the elevator and aileron servos started to twitch and caused the blades to flutter. in this vid you can see me doing rolls and what looks like half a tic tac. soon afterward the servos started to twitch....you can hear the flutter if you turn up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnevqJUrnow

if i had known it was twitchy or damaged i would've never flown it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 PM

yeah I kinda expected that but I wanted to check anyway. Thanks, its just that I hate waiting
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 PM

by the way the servos on that crashed bird was the hs65hb's. crashed them once and their done. Get the HS65MG's instead. i have had so many crashes with my MG's and they still work like its brand new. best servo on the planet for 35 dollars. even finless bob highly recommends them. i think his quote was " until they come up with something better the hs65mg's are the way to go" check out the tread at helifreak. use what you have now ....then when you got some cash go for the hs65mg's and you will never ever go back to anything else. and that's a promise.

i too tried to save a buck by going with the hb's and that crash just wiped off that savings plus a whole lot more.[&:]
Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 PM

my current servos are the HS-65HB's I'm thinking of buying the MG replacements instead of the karbonite.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: rzarikian

my current servos are the HS-65HB's I'm thinking of buying the MG replacements instead of the karbonite.
Absolutely, you wont be sorry if you do.
I have had two crashes and no problem at all with the servos. Granted neither crash was real bad but both would have probably stripped the karbonite gears.