Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 2,000 Watt T-Rex 600 >

2,000 Watt T-Rex 600

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

2,000 Watt T-Rex 600

Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2,000 Watt T-Rex 600

I just wanted to show you guys how rough a T-Rex 600 is on 6S packs. I recently borrowed one of my flying buddies newer Zippy-R 6S 4800mah packs and flew it on my T-Rex 600. My 600 is running a Castle Creations Phoenix HV85 esc, Steve Neu 151/2.5D/F/H 1700kv motor, 11T pinion, and flying on 600mm V-Blades. I was shocked to see what kind of power this system was using. I had a peak draw spike of 105A, and average amp draw of 21.78A, low pack voltage dip of 20.16V, with a peak watt output of 2132 watts and an average of 1008 watts. This data was measure while doing some aggresive sport flying with a few hard/long punch outs. Now I see why most people don't get a lot of cycles out 6S packs and T-Rex 600. I have no idead how many cycles I will get out of my current packs.

Just some food for thought if you are planning on building a new 600. I think a much more efficient setup would be to go 8S or 10S with a lower KV motor and draw fewer amps. A higher voltage setup should help your packs live a longer life.