Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Neu motor for Trex 450 ? >

Neu motor for Trex 450 ?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Neu motor for Trex 450 ?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neu motor for Trex 450 ?

Hey guys...... I've been slowly converting my Trex 450 SA to upgraded parts, and I have a Kontronik Jazz esc 40-6-18 that I want to put into it, but I'am waiting until I can get a Neu motor for it before I install it, as I'am guessing the Jazz and my stock SA motor (3550kv) won't play nice together, so does anyone who has the Neu motor, or anyone know which one I should get ? And what site should I order one from ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated..... Thanks in advance,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52030.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	1042061   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44379.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1042062  
Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 AM

Default RE: Neu motor for Trex 450 ?

The stock motor would work fine with the jazz esc. Typically you pick the motor first, then esc then battery. Pick the motor for the power and rpms you want, then make sure the esc can meet the demands of the motor then make sure the battery can meet the demands of both. The stock motor won't even get that esc warm. The only thing you have to do is make sure the connectors are the same.

As to which motor you want to use, are you going for a 4S system?
Old 09-28-2008, 03:20 AM

Default RE: Neu motor for Trex 450 ?

Great ! Thanks Druss... I knew someone would know something... I just got a good deal on the Jazz. And new in the box for $100.00, and I've seen the same one at different sites for $160-$180... I was wanting to go ahead and hook it up to the stock motor, but wasn't sure... Supposively the Jazz recognizes which motor its being hooked up to and sets its parameters from there but I was still wary, as I'am unfamiliar in this department... So I was looking at just upgrading to a better quality motor to just match the better esc, and always hear the Neu and Medusa motors are good. Just never understood how the KV ratings work... I know the SA is the 3550kv and I believe the SE V2 is 3700kv.

I got new connectors for both units to play it safe in case....

I won't be ever running 4s system, just the 3-cells are good enough for me for right now... There's just so many to choose from, and it drives me nuts on which ones would be good. I plan on using the TP Prolite V2 batts as I've had great success with just my other versions of the TP series. I also have two Air-Thunder 2200 mah 25c 3-cell batts, and those have been really great also, but I'am slowly going to wean away from them, as there a lot heavier (about 200g) than my regular 2100 mah TP packs which are only about 145 grams. I see a big diff in the flying characteristics from the two...

One reason I won't run any 4-cells... Maybe more power, but lots more weight so not sure I'd be gaining an awful lot there....

Anyhow, thanks for your suggestions I appreciate it !

~ Jeff