Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Charging lipo's in series >

Charging lipo's in series

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Charging lipo's in series

Old 09-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging lipo's in series

Hi Guys,
I recently bought a TC-10 charger and balancer and was wondering if anyone knows what settings I use when charging 2 11.1v lipo's in series. What I mainly need to know is do you set it for 3s or 6s?
Thanks.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Charging lipo's in series

it might be easier if you just charge one at a time. it might take longer but it works.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 PM

you should set it up like this: main cables in series +to-to+to- and connect both balancer males to the 6S balancing females. The idea is that you "trick" the charger into thinking its charging a 6S lipo. Make sure both of your batteries are identical in mAh. With, for example, two 2200mAh 3S lipos would set the charger to charge a 6S lipo at 2.2A. the idea is that the voltage doubles but the amps stay the same.

**Disclaimer** Remember you are working with lithium polymer batteries which when charged at the wrong setting can be VERY dangerous and can catch on fire or explode. I'm not responsible for any damaged caused by charging your lipo batteries this way. If you don't know what your doing. DON'T DO IT! And get someone with experience to help you.

Cheers

Rene
Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 AM

You shouldn't need to do anything special with balancing if you are using seperate balancers, like a blinky for example. You will of course need one for each battery.
In series the charger will see 6s.
I echo rzarikian' disclaimer.