Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Blade 400 Comparison >

Blade 400 Comparison

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Blade 400 Comparison

Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 Comparison

Kind of a sad story, but such is life, I suppose.

I got married about 1 1/2 years ago and had a little boy, and I had to get rid of pretty much every RC model I had (which was a pretty good number).

I sold a Trex 450seV2, Raptor 903D, Sceadu, bunch of Cars/Trucks/Planes and a few boats and a lot of other Heli's.

I recently bought a BladeMCX and I'm hooked again much to the chagrin of my wife. I never doubted I would get back into Heli's, it was my life for like 8 years.

I'm about to take the plunge again, but I've been out of the hobby for a while now. I was thinking about another 450SEV2 or maybe a Trex 500, but I walked into the Hobby shop today and saw a 400 up close. I was very impressed by Eflite's effort. The servo placement is a bit odd, but I'm sure it works just fine.

I'm curious how I will like the 400 after what I have previously owned. I'm sure there is a performance hit from the dampened, super tuned 450 I used to run, but is the 400 at least a modest competitor? I'm sure the power to weight ratio is better on the 400 with it being all plastic, how is it holding up to 3D?

How is the overall quality and performance of the 400 compared to the Trex?

I was a decent 3D flyer in my day. No Alan Szabo by any stretch of the imagination, but I can do a few cool tricks here and there. Is the 400 a decent launch point for my career restart or should I just be saving up for the Trex's again?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
Old 11-04-2008, 08:01 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Blade 400 Comparison

The Blade 400 is a good 400 starter Heli.
You will not be happy with the servo's, gyro...etc
I would say the B400 is a good price point that would get you back into the hobby. If you need everything including radio, it is cheap.
I would guess with your experience, you will be upgrading heli's as soon as funds permit.

Good luck
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 AM

I agree also but if you were flying helis before and even did some 3D you will end up replacing the servos and gyro and the stock battery wont take much puch for 3D.
I would wait a bit and go with a good quality mechanic and add the electronics of good quality next.

My brother is learning on his first RC heli and its the blade 400 3D and already he had notice that the servo and gyro response were not too good so we replaced them.
He saved and now has a T-Rex 450 SeV2 ready to take the sky but he's still waitting to gain more experience with the blade.

The big difference here is that you already have the experience so you might be disapointed with the Blade....just my 2 cents
Old 11-04-2008, 07:05 PM

I've got both for the cost of kit & build cost go Trex 500
Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 PM

The B400 is a decent heli. No, it's not a Trex, but for $400 you get a decent radio as well. So if cost is a big factor, it's decent. But like the others said, the gyro and servo's will need to be replaced eventually.

If money is not a huge factor, get a trex 450 se v2 or the 500....you'll like them much better and won't have to upgrade, but then you'll have to get a radio.

Good luck,
Skarn
Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Take another long look at that Blade 400 and ask yourself how much of a pain in the arse it will be when you have to change the belt.

After doing that, price compare the parts (Eflite vs Align) that usually need to be replaced after a crash.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 PM

the dx6i is a good radio. however i'm kicking myself for not getting the dx7 instead. if you're planning to stay in the hobby for a while then dont make the same mistake i did. buy cheap buy twice.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 PM

not trying to start up an old war,,I flew a friends b400, it flies ok (better than a cp) yes my trex feels more solid, but for the price it flies fine. For all you get in the kit, can't beat the price. and ebay has some great deals. $$$ It took me serveral months to get all the parts for my trex, but it was worth the wait, what a good looking heli and great flying heli, my est cost on everything $1200+, b400 $400,