Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

450SEv2 Main Tail Drive Gear

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

450SEv2 Main Tail Drive Gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:13 PM
u)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450SEv2 Main Tail Drive Gear

Well I just got done assembling my Trex450SEv2 and noticed that the main tail drive gear wasn't lining up properly with the smaller one that's attached to the pulley... It was off by about .75mm too low. It turns out as I turn the rotor head the gear is just bent or warped!! ***!? But the upper main drive gear is perfect. Its brand new don't even have the motor or electronics installed yet. Should I contact heliprozs or align and try to get it warrantied???? Has this hapened to anybody else???? Also it seems that I don't have very much positive pitch and a ton of negative pitch.... Did I assemble somthing wrong or do I just need to adjust the links? Thanks again in advance for any help I appreciate it!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:10 PM
GotM

Default RE: 450SEv2 Main Tail Drive Gear

I just looked at mine. I just built it in the last 2 weeks. It looks like it is working similar to yours, wrt to the gear. Everytime I looked at it, it always looked low. I gave it a spin and noticed it "wobbles" a little.

I have several flights on mine, I have not noticed any problems.

You should be able to get the proper + and - pitch. Your servo arms should be in a horizontal position with throttle/collective at mid stick and no input on the other stick. I am not sure what radio you are using, but I had 50% pitch on the pitch curve for mid stick on a DX7when I did this set up. Then I programmed all of the pitch curves.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 PM
u)

So when the gear wobbles like that, does it cause any vibrations? I'm sure it will cause premature wear. Hmmmm... Guess I will just wait and see. I don't have the electronics installed yet so I can't really adjust too much. Does anybody have any videos or links to videos that show how my rotor head should move and how much pitch I should have.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:41 AM
ace22459

They all wobble, some more than others. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Both my main gear and tail drive gear wobble. Have replaced the main gear a few times and they all wobbled. Still have the original tail drive gear and after a year, no problems. As for setting up your head, go to the HeliFreak website and check out the build videos by Finless Bob. Click on Finless Bob's Tech Room and watch the 450 SE build vids. It's the same for the V2 and he does a complete setup for the 450 ccpm head. You might want to watch all the 450 SE build vids as Finless has some tips and goes over some things that aren't in the manual. Would have been better to watch them before you built your heli but that's ok. He also has some generic videos on things like blade balancing and tracking, gyro setup, soldering and such. Good luck and have fun! Alan
Old 12-07-2008, 12:19 PM
GotM

I agree, check out those videos. I downloaded them all, it is really helpful when setting up a heli for the first time.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:18 PM
u)

I did go through and remeasure all of my links with my digital caliper I thought I could use the pictures in the book, like just set the link on the pic and adjust it. That's not the case the pics in the books look life size and are accurate for the length of the rod its self but definetly not the whole link with rod ends on they were all either short or too long by about 2-4mm.