Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

light crash aling trex 450

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

light crash aling trex 450

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light crash aling trex 450

i am starting out in electric helis and i just had a light crash but when after i charge the lipo and plug it in and start it up the blades move very slow then speed up like something is grinding aslo i am able to turn the paddles commpletely round so i dont now the settings for them. i have a pitch gauge kinda know how to use it just not sure what reference points i would use when i set it up. are the paddles supose to be level? i checked the whole blade housing seems to be a little loose and when i spin it freely with my hand it has a wobble to it so im guessing the main shaft is bent? it crashed with tip in the grass at least and stopped killed the speed of the blades so any suggestings? i am just starting out as you know thats how you learn i aslo was using a training gear but took it off as i thought i was a little more experienced and proven that i was not.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 AM
pawraith

Default RE: light crash aling trex 450

ok, lets start with your spin-up. if your running with the Align ESC, it has a feature called soft-start that when turned on, slowly speeds up the motor rather than going straight to the commanded throttle position.

as far as your paddles, they should be level with the flybar cage and i lil drop of CA glue in the threads wouldn't hurt. there is no need to use the pitch gauge on the paddles. thats for the main rotors. when using the gauge, line up and sight the top of the gauge with the flybarand it will give you the amount of pitch you currently have on the main blade.

as far as that wobble, yup you bent the main shaft. you may want to check the feathering shaft as well. and im sure your blades are toast. also check your flybar and tail-boom.

good luck, wraith

edit: put that training gear back on and keep practicing.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
CRAZYRYAN

ok thanks sounds like im heading the right direction i have been reading up the manual also my batteries are short lived due to the previous owner sorry i shouldve mentioned that this is used i just got it rebuilt by someone so im learning here now. lol.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Unstable

with any crash of a heli you should do a complete inspection.
it will also give you a good idea of how everything goes together. especially if you are a beginner

inspect the blades very carfully... if there is any cracks or damage, toss them. not worth having a blade failure trying to save a few bucks.

pull out the feathering shaft and the main shaft and roll them on a VERY flat surface (glass, mirror, etc) if there is any wobble get a new one (they usualy come in packs of 3 or so so you will have extras for the next crash )

check ALL the linkages and ball joints... its easy to bend/crack them an they will cause trouble later.

check the gears for missing teeth or cracks... good to have extras of these too.

check the gear mesh... the motor could have shifted position

look over the battery... if it is dented or cut it could fail later during charging or use resulting in a fire.... don't trust damaged packs.

other then that its common sense. if it looks like it was damaged.. probably better to replace it..

oh.. and you already have the most important part down..
i have been reading up the manual

good luck
Old 12-09-2008, 05:25 PM
CRAZYRYAN

lol thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 PM
CRAZYRYAN

well i replaced the mainshaft and checked the old one didnt show much at all about a bent shaft and i replaced one gear all seems to be ok the belt is still ok the paddles are fine but one thing is after i charged the batt for about an hour even though they are kinda bad it still seems to rotate slowly doesnt seem a normal spin. what im trying to say is i know that it takes abot 11 secs or so for it to fully speed up but it seems to take extra long and then it speeds up to normal rotations. could this be due to the speed control possiblly damages a little? i just bought the speed control for like 60 bucks so i dunno. other wise i think everything else is fine. oh an d also when i put the whole shaft back in place tightened it up there seems to be some slack so not sure?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM
CRAZYRYAN

update i replaced the main shaft the main gear all seems to be smooth i found out the gear was placed wrong so i read up the instructions and placed it in the right stacked configuration and voila it is much smoother when i run it up with the battery i still yet need to replace the tail tie rod i found out the servo was extremely loose prolly part of the problem the main belt is fine it has not lost its elacstisity. the belt teeth are fine so it all should be ready to go with a few more things. thanks yall for the help.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:07 AM
CRAZYRYAN

heli is now flying great thanks ya'll!!