Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Clarification  450s, 450sa, 450se >

Clarification 450s, 450sa, 450se

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Clarification 450s, 450sa, 450se

Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarification 450s, 450sa, 450se

I am about to purchase an electric heli. I am looking hard at the Trex 450se. Can someone tell me the main difference in the 450se and 450sa. Is the 450s in the same class as the other two (i.e are the parts interchangeable?)

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-13-2009, 06:50 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Clarification 450s, 450sa, 450se

Nobody can answers this??
Old 01-13-2009, 08:13 AM

The SA is the ARF ( Almost Ready to FLY) version. The airframe is completely assembled. You still have to purchase and install all the electronics. That is the one I started with. You will also have to assemble and adjust all the linkages for the head and tail. It comes with the motor and ESC. It has aluminum frames and mostly plastic head and tail parts. Frame parts ( bearing blocks, boom block) are also plastic. The S is the kit version of the SA, you have to assemble it. The SE is a kit and comes with carbon fiber frames and all metal head and frame parts. It can also be had with fiberglass frames. I think it still uses a plastic tail case and tail blade grips. There is 1 more version, the SE V2. It has all the bling. Carbon fiber frames and all metal head AND tail parts. It also has a larger diameter feathering shaft with thrust bearings in the blade grips. Some say if you are still crashing a lot the larger feathering shaft is not good because it doesn't bend like the smaller ones and more expensive head parts can be damaged because of that. I have completely upgraded my SA to an SE. Carbon fiber, metal head and tail parts but it costs more to do it that way than if you buy the SE in the first place. All will require a radio and receiver, 3 servos for the head, a gyro and a tail servo plus batteries. Some SE kits may not come with a motor and ESC so check carefully before you buy. All parts are interchangeable except the V2 feathering shaft, head block, thrust bearings and main blade grips. Alan
Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
My Feedback: (59)

Ace22459's reply is why I purchased the SE V2 right from the git-go rather than the SA version. More goodies ready for assembly. You don't have to worry about what will work better or best and so-forth.

You pay a littel more i the beggining, but you save a lot of $$$ in the long haul.

A suggestion: download the 450 SA manual from Horizon Hobbies web site (if that's the size you purchase) and use it in conjucntion with the Align manual. The HH manual is *real* english, the Align manu; well.. its sort of english Taiwanese style.

Gary