Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450 setup question

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450 setup question

Old 12-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Virgin_Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK-450 setup question

Hey Guys,
I'm still learning to fly heli's so I've opted for a cheaper starting point.. the HK-450..

I am just setting up the main rotor pitch/throws and I something doesnt seem quiet right...

I'm following the setup as show in the following link.

http://www.elisanet.fi/~d635415/webr...tup/index.html

however, my "zero" pitch seems to be quiet a way out, and I might need to do some major adjustments to the control linkages to get a zero-pitch...

I have not adjusted my linkage lengths from when they arrived from the factory, and checking against the lengths listed (in the above link), things seem to be correct (apart from the blade pitch)...

Any ideas???? I will try and upload some pics if this may help.

Thanks

Adrian
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: HK-450 setup question

Have you looked at the blade tracking? Both blades need to be symetrical.
Gary
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Virgin_Blue

As yet no.. I've just been going on the info that:

When the servo arms are horizontal, all the horizontal linkages in the head are also level/horizontal and that the blade pitch is 0 deg...

When I look at the head, all of the linkages are horizontal, except for the blade grips.. so I'm just not sure if the blade grip linkage needs to be lengthened to get a zero pitch..

I will check the tracking once I am happier with the blades being near 0 deg pitch..

I have found some videos online that show very detailed construction of this type of heli.. I'm still working my way thru them..

Is it super critical that the zero pitch be when the servo arms are horizontal?

I am aware that this might not give me equal throw in both positive and negative pitches, but since I am still learning, I doubt I will be doing anything upside down for many many months... or years! LOL

Adrian
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
trainerteen

i have just finished putting my hk 450 togeather it has yet to get its mayden but everything seems to be going fine, i am also haveing problems with the zero pitch i will check the tracking and see if that help i am open to any help