Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 450 Super Sport Combo >

450 Super Sport Combo

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

450 Super Sport Combo

Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450 Super Sport Combo

I'm considering the T-Rex 450 "Super Sport Combo" from helidirect:
http://www.helidirect.com/align-trex...76-p-13308.hdx

Are the servos and gyro that come with it any good? I'm still a beginner and don't necessarilly need the best electronics, but would like to know I've got something decent to work with that I won't want to replace as my skills progress.
Also, what is the purpose of the 4-piece frame of the Sport, opposed to the 2-piece frame that the other T-Rex 450's have?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 AM

Default RE: 450 Super Sport Combo

have you checked out my thread on the flasher 450 sport?   The quality is near align.   send me an pm if your interested in it.  the price will blow your mind.  

I'm still in the building process but it should be done soon. 
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 AM

The electronics are very good. Be very careful with inferior elecronics & kits parts may not fit correctly and could cause you to have more trouble learning to fly. The kit is great as is. Alan Szabo few it comes out of the box. Performace is great. You will not go wrong with it. It is a kit & set up you can grow with. Get yourself a set of training gear for it, and a good sim if you don't hae one. Also
Radd's School of Rotery flight is a beginners course to get you in the air. I used it & I found it very helpfu;
anyway just my tow cents
Good luck
jim R
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 AM

I would definately buy this, i first had a Blade Cp pro andyou would not believe the difference! i got mine 2 weeks ago and bought 3 turnigy 2200 30C's i have ususally been a flyer never once built an airplane or heli before, so my dad made me build this since it was for me, let me just say it was very easy to build!! i could have finished the entire thing RTFin 2 days ( make sure to use Finless on Helifreak) besure to be as acurate as possible when building and you will not be disapointed!!

also check out Helihobby on the same product, shipping and Tax is included in the price, Its worth it

Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 AM

heliquest sells it for 379. so i emailed helidirect and they price matched. and i think you can get free shipping also. i am just about finished with mine.
no complaints. nice gyro, i like the way you program it. metal servos. there arelittle viewing windows that you use to level servos. routingwiresthrough the frame took a few tries but the frame makes it easy. the manualispretty good.

good luck.

neil
Old 04-19-2010, 08:04 AM

i had the local heli guys to thank for that they helped my out a bunch with throttle curve and setting up my gyro
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the replies.
That's a good price at RotorQuest, and the Flasher looks like a really great deal. However, I placed my order about 1/2 hour after my original post
I paid 393.26 for the package - $421.76 with shipping (to Canada, so no free shipping). I think that's still a good price.

augerin2, I have been learning with a Blade SR, 400, and Phoenix. I hover with both and "fly" around little bit with the SR, but still with training gear on both. I just wanted to get something a little nicer. I was tempted by the T-Rex 500 when it was on sale at HeliDirect but decided I'm better off staying with a 450 since I don't have a proper flying field. I'll most likely continue training with the Blades, and for now only use the T-Rex for manuvers that I'm confident with.

I'm still curious about the 4-piece frame though... anyone?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:48 PM

on the frame part i am not too sure, i have seen the 450 pro and talked to a friend who had it and he said that the pro's frame is alot tighter packed so everything is harder to fit in place

Hope this helps
Adam.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 PM

I'm also from Canada. I'd like to know if you have to pay duties on your order. Let me know.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 AM

for those of you that is interested in an alternative to the genuine align product (at better pricing),  consider getting the flasher 450 sport.    http://www.targethobby.com/hobbymate...p-4161902.html

kit comes with motor, esc, and gyro.   quality is near align.  check out my thread for more details. 
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9667313/tm.htm

I may soon carry this product stateside with spare parts for sale.  But for now targethobby carries it.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:26 AM

a 6 channel fits just fine in frame. the frame has a servo mounting pad. i mounted the esc under the battery tray and the Bec is mounted horozontal to the esc. plenty of room.

IMHO</p>
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Jester966

Thanks for the replies.
That's a good price at RotorQuest, and the Flasher looks like a really great deal. However, I placed my order about 1/2 hour after my original post
I paid 393.26 for the package - $421.76 with shipping (to Canada, so no free shipping). I think that's still a good price.

augerin2, I have been learning with a Blade SR, 400, and Phoenix. I hover with both and "fly" around little bit with the SR, but still with training gear on both. I just wanted to get something a little nicer. I was tempted by the T-Rex 500 when it was on sale at HeliDirect but decided I'm better off staying with a 450 since I don't have a proper flying field. I'll most likely continue training with the Blades, and for now only use the T-Rex for manuvers that I'm confident with.

I'm still curious about the 4-piece frame though... anyone?
the sport uses 4 piece frame and the Pro uses 2 piece. Iactually like the 2 piece frame better. structual intregrity is higher on the two piece frame. fewer parts counts equals to less money spent for repairs.

but the sport frame is still a great airframe. nothing wrong with it at all. the metal head on the sport is beefier than the Pro, so it will do better in a crash. beginners should go for the Sport and advanced pilots should go for the Pro. But BOTH will fly 3D without a problem.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:35 PM

gi1mo2
I received the heli a little over a week ago, I had to pay $28.

I spent one night putting most of it together, but haven't got back to it yet to install the motor or servos. The receiver just arrived today so hopefully I'll have it flying this weekend.
I'm very happy with how easily it went together. And I'm extremely happy with the quality of all of the parts - not that I was expecting anything less, but I just don't own anything else that is comparable to this.

The only dissapointment is that the blue thread lock was almost empty! I know you don't need much, but it was so low that it was nearly impossible to squeaze any out. After the first ten or so screws I just started using my own stuff. No biggie.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 PM

Thanks,

I will be interested in your build. I might get a kit myself, but the price on HeliDirect has gone up to $436.95. HeliQuest has the same kit for $379. I might get it there if HeliDirect will not match price. With shipping and the additional $28 for duty, it adds up quickly. Luckily, the exchange rate is not so much a problem these days.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:27 AM

I'm pretty sure helidirect will price match.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Yes, they just replied and said they 'Pride Match'. I will place my order later today. Any recommended spare parts for the 450 Sport that are different from the basic 450 (I have 3 from Hobby King). I'm guessing spindle and anything to do with the head.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 AM

is Pride match and Price match the same ?

with HDthere is seldom a problem
Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 AM

has any one had experience with the thunder power 45c packs?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 AM

great upgrade to 450GF, looks more strong, will parts easy to buy?</p>