Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 TREX 250SE or LMH Corona 120? >

TREX 250SE or LMH Corona 120?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

TREX 250SE or LMH Corona 120?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:15 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX 250SE or LMH Corona 120?

Ok here goes. I'm new to rc helis and am shopping for my first heli. I have a blade cx3 that i've mastered for a few months. I'm at a draw between the corona 120 and the trex 250se. So which do you choose and why? I understand the price difference between the two is great but I'm willing to pay more if it will excel my learning curve in the long run. I'm a 14 year career helicopter mechanic so I think I can get the logistics and assembly and mechanics down with no problem. So which do you choose and why? Thanks everyone.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Default RE: TREX 250SE or LMH Corona 120?

I have to admit I'm not familer with the corona 120, however I do own & fly a 250se,450v1 and 500v1 Trex. I think the 250 would be a better heli. It is 3d capable and you could grow with it. I'm a big beliver that you get what you pay for, parts ar readily available for the 250, as well as support on line & if you have alocal hobby shop. Also try & find a club. It will be a valuable source of techinal help, and help, advise with flying. If you don't have a sim yet, get one. It's also an invaluable tool and although it can't replace real life flying, it greatly helps with muscle memory. And there's NO penalty for crashing.
Good luck
Jim R
NEHC
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM

Default RE: TREX 250SE or LMH Corona 120?

I'm not familiar with the Corona or the Trex 250. I do have a few HK 450 and an e-Flite Blade CP Pro 2 which is about the size of a 250, but with tail motor rather than a belt. I would go for the Trex 250 myself having read up on the kits and seen videos after your post. If you have a dealer close to you that has the parts availability, then the Corona could be a good choice.

Have you considered a clone to start with? Hobby King has a few 250 clones. I built 3 HK 450 with various parts, and have just ordered a true Align Trex 450 Sport Super Combo from HeliDirect. Going with a clone first allowed me to crash and rebuild a few times at a cheaper cost :-)

<font color="#0066cc">http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9974&amp;Product_Name=HK-250GT_Electric_Helicopter_Kit_(Alloy/CF_w/_Blades</font>)

A good simulator (Phoenix or RealFlight) is also very ueful.

For a transmitter and receiver, I have a Spektrum DX7 and use the AR6110 receivers with DSM2 technology (great range...).

On the fun side, you might want to get smaller tools than those you normally use in your job working on the real helicopters .

Have Fun!
</p>