Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

helopitch curves

Old 05-19-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helopitch curves

ok help I hope i have been flying for alittle over 2 years and am just now learing some 3d I can hover inverted ,forward/backward rolls and tail slide so i thought I would check my pitch curves here is what i have +9 -2 in normal mode +9 more negative than I can measure with my pitch guage and the same for idle up 2 my swash mix is at 95 % and is maxed out on the head help?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: helopitch curves

Forgive me, but I am just getting what the question is....

Sorry.[]
Old 05-20-2010, 04:00 PM

Pitch curve should be a straight line from 0 to 100 in idle up. With radio in idle up and the motor disconnected, adjust the following:
1. with throttle at mid stick adjust servo to swash linkages to get swash level and near the middle of it's range
2. adjust other linkages to get blades at 0 pitch.
3. with throttle at min and max adjust swash mix for proper collective range. 95% is WAY too high, I'm usually around 35% (edit: make that 60%) but it can vary depending on heli
4. you may have to play with some of the linkages above the swash to get pos pitch and neg pitch symmetrical (get mixing arms horizontal with blades at 0 pitch when throttle is mid stick).
Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gnd2

Pitch curve should be a straight line from 0 to 100 in idle up. With radio in idle up and the motor disconnected, adjust the following:
1. with throttle at mid stick adjust servo to swash linkages to get swash level and near the middle of it's range
2. adjust other linkages to get blades at 0 pitch.
3. with throttle at min and max adjust swash mix for proper collective range. 95% is WAY too high, I'm usually around 35% but it can vary depending on heli
4. you may have to play with some of the linkages above the swash to get pos pitch and neg pitch symmetrical (get mixing arms horizontal with blades at 0 pitch when throttle is mid stick).

I agree with everything except the swash mix number. The default is 60%. All of my CCPM helis and every other heli that I have seen are at or near 60%.

Rafael
Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

I agree with everything except the swash mix number. The default is 60%. All of my CCPM helis and every other heli that I have seen are at or near 60%.

Rafael
Uh, right, I meant uh, 100%-35%, ya that's what I meant....

But seriously, you're right, about 60%. I don't know what I was thinking [:-]