Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 rudder servo on 450 pro going to extremes? and pitch control? >

rudder servo on 450 pro going to extremes? and pitch control?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

rudder servo on 450 pro going to extremes? and pitch control?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rudder servo on 450 pro going to extremes? and pitch control?

I hope I didnt screw it up...

I accidentily flipped the servo plug into the gyro, so black was center, white on the end. it did nothing in this position of course.

anyway, so I have it flipped, the settings on the gyro appear correct. it goes to full throw within maybe 20% of the stick throw, no other channel is acting like this. I assume this may just be a setting in the remote setup, concerned why the other channels arent needing adjustment?

on that front, it is a DX7SE remote.

and this is also my first collective pitch heli, so with that said, I cant help but notice that when I raise the elevator the RPMS increase, and the elevator servo goes with it, ok... but that leads to a whole lot of right lift and nothing on the left or rear as the pitch and elevator servo does not move as well(should it?) Ive made no attempts to take off, but I did try holding down the heli, and it as throttle went up, so too did the right lift, nothing on left, couldnt tell front to back.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Default RE: rudder servo on 450 pro going to extremes? and pitch control?

just found a vid on helifreaks for setting up the radio... so I have changed it so it knows it is a 3servo swash and 120degrees, now it seems to be mixing the other channels in, but not correctly at all... oye, I know I can build it, Im optomistic that I can fly it. but darnit if programming it might not be the end of me
Old 06-05-2010, 11:03 PM

1st off with your tail servo did you set your limits on your gyro?

as for programming the CCPM goto the freak and watch some vids on it cause it sounds to me like you need to reverse some servos in your TX. finless bobs videos in heli setup 101 should answer all your questions.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 PM

I'll pm you the link
Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 PM

that did it, the aileron was backwards, flipped it and now it looks much better.

also, somehow... the rudder servo fixed itself. I wont ask

guess now that Im leaving the world of micro coaxials behind, its time to get to the hobby shop and buy a pitch guide and a blade balancer lol.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:47 PM

so how about this tail rotor? I wish I knew the concept. I have it all setup... I think. right now, when the stick is at nuetral for rudder the tail blades are flat, no pitch. is that right? when I spin up the helicopter, soon as I get to 50% and it starts to apply pitch, it starts to wander. Is the radio supposed to dial in some pitch to the tail to counter the throttle? is this all the gyros job? am I supposed to have some positive pitch build into the rear at all times to cope for the counter force?

I was watching vids, and he had you set the gain and limits to 40% on the rudder servo, I did that... I also tried to set limits for the gyro. I dont really understand it, soon as I go into the limit setting on the gyro, it goes back to the setting where the servo is just moving left and right, not to a 10, 20, 30% of throw but at 10, 20 30% speed heading towards the extreme(even with 40% limits, it passes them to the max)

so Im not sure if I have any of this set up correctly...
Old 06-06-2010, 04:19 PM

ok, I had it in rate mode, which I guess means the gyro ummm well I donno, but now that its in head hold it seems to stay straight.

edit: successful setup or not, the darn thing flies. hovered for a full battery pack in my garage. only casualty was a pair of very nice linen shorts I had on. I backed the darn thing right into my thigh and it sliced them. no damage to me though :/ repect the power I suppose. dont stand so close when you dont know what your doing.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Glad to here you ironed out your issues. But Flying in the garage is has to be tight for a 450 size heli either that or you have a giant garage. Cause i wont even attempt to fly mine in my garge to much can go wrong real fast lol. Get some pics up so we can see your new bird and congrats.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 PM

took it outside lol. it was... tight in the garage, the throttle is SO sensitive, theres no waiting for the motor to spool up or anything, the pitch change has plenty of RPMs to make it shoot like a rocket without motor speed. little bit of throttle and its in the ceiling for sure.

so I hovered for 2 packs, easy enough... decided to try something I thought would be simple, a spin, so I turn the rudder, about at nose in direction it leans to the right, uh oh... hits the house before I finish the spin. that was main shaft 1 and a set of blades lol. swapped them out, all is right with the world again, Ill stick to hovering a bit longer. it is stressful to fly for sure.