Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

trex 450 build

Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex 450 build

hey i got a questoin on building my trex 450, so the whole thing is built to where it should work, my problem is with the electronics, this is my 2nd 6ch heli, my first was the honey bee cp2, on its reciever you have a ch1,2,5,6 and batt, so thats all i know.. that dinky thing doesnt work with the trex so i got a new(used) radio its the jr xp6102, on the reciever instead of ch numbers, i have
batt.
aux1,
gear,
rudd,
elev,
aile,
thro,
i assume yall know how the ccpm is set up, but i dont know which servo corrosponds with which channel, i put my esc in thro ch and my gyro in the rudd ch, the motor spins up and the gyro works, however the light wont turn green on the gryo, any help would be awesome, this is my first programable tx, and im havin trouble understanding how everything works on it
i have 2 other tx's that i got in the trade, there not programable, but they should work, would i just be better off using those for now?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Default RE: trex 450 build

Check your gyro gain in the Tx. I'm not familier with that futaba radio but that what it sounds like. for heading hold you have to be over 50. good starting point is 60-65% and go from there. You might be able to find info on that radio on HeliFreak or post something under radio help. It's a greatsite & I'm sure someone will know and help you out
Jim R
Old 07-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Default RE: trex 450 build

ok thanks, ya i'll do that, i printed off the manual for the radio, but i still dont understand alot of it.. then again there is alot i didn't read, but i still need help with the servo's, i may have it set wrong on the tx, i have it set up for ccpm at 90 degrees, cuz thats the angle that my servo's it at, however my swashplate is set at 120 degrees, so should i change that on the tx.. well ill give it a try