Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 450 Sport tail wag (750 with ds420) >

Trex 450 Sport tail wag (750 with ds420)

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450 Sport tail wag (750 with ds420)

Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450 Sport tail wag (750 with ds420)

Hello guys

I'm have some problem with my new build Trex 450 Sport. I have a DS420 with 750 gyro which come from the Sport package and i don't know how to make the tail stop wagging. Even i tune my gyro gain from 0% - 100% problem still here. Also i set my rudder max travel +29/-29. Im using a Specktrum DX 7 transmitter.

Many people said use a DS520 will solve the problem. But the problem is that this bird still havent has her maiden flight yet and need upgrade already. I believe there must be some way i could make her fly with 750 and DS420. The tail is waging left and right so bad which couldn't even take off. Please help me out guys.

Thanks in advance
Kelvin
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 PM

Default RE: Trex 450 Sport tail wag (750 with ds420)

you set up your gyro correctly? Under delay setting in the GP750 you need to make sure the light is red, this sets the gyro to smaller heli like 450's. I also run a dx7 with the same servo and gyro. How do you have your gain programmed in the dx7? through yourgear channel using travel adjustor gyro sens menu? I use gyro sens menu and have my gain set to 68.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 PM

hello thank you for your respond.

I fixed the problem finally, it was a very silly mistake. I plug my gyro sens in AUX2 in the reciever but in the transmitter i have my gyro as gear. And now i fixed the problem. But another problem arise. Now the gyro handle the tail very well but when almost at the end of the flight the tail start to drift, how do i solve that? Right now i have my gyro sens as 77%, is that too high for normal flight? What sens i should be at ? for 3d and normal flight.

Thanks
Kelvin
Old 07-11-2010, 03:18 PM

well it the gain varies with each heli but 77 sounds high to me. You want enough gain to eliminate tail wag but not to much. So what you can do is lower the gain by 1 point fly the heli if there is no wag lower it another point. Keep doing this untill you find the breaking point where your gain is to low and your tail begins to wag then increase a point and the wag should be gone and your gyro is set for proper gain. I am not 100% sure on this but i do believe putting in to much gain on the gyro puts alot of stress on the tail servo.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 PM

ok thank you for your advice i will give it a try.