Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 i made the move(well almost) >

i made the move(well almost)

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

i made the move(well almost)

Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i made the move(well almost)

hi guys. i've been flying my tail belted blade sr for awhile now, and i'm not doing to bad. nothing crazy like 3d, but i don't think i want to. just hovering and some forward flight. so anyway, i want to move up in size and i decided on a align t-rex 450 pro super combo. i went and placed my order with my lhs, i have to wait for a couple of weeks for them to get it in. they are charging me $499, is that about right? well, i was wondering what are some of the things i need to know about this heli? from my understanding it will be alot nicer than the sr, but is there anything that would need special attention? like during the build process or the finial set-up? i've watched some you-tube vids and this thing looks awesome. but if you guys could offer any advice, that would be great.
also, just to note. i already have a rx/tx and some batts and a charger for it. and all the tools i should need. thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Default RE: i made the move(well almost)

The whole head assembly might come prebuillt if it is i suggest go screw by screw and lok tite every thing. I dont have a Pro but i do have a sport and i found several screws in the head not lok tited...... Also make sure you check the Thrust bearings in the head and grease them and most importantly lok tite the screws when putting back together just make sure you dont get any lok tite in the bearing., do the same with the tail assembly as well. Also pin you tail boom the manual does not tell you to do so but it is advised by many people. Good Luck on your build and Congrats on your purchase.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 AM

Default RE: i made the move(well almost)

thanks for the responce. i'll be sure to check all the screws and lok tite them. what grease do you use for the bearings? also can you tell me more about "pinning the tail" it sounds like it's a must do mod. like you said, it's not in the manual. so i need to find out about it. sorry for the questions, but i'm trying to figure out everything i can. while i'm waiting for it to come in. thanks