Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 450SeV2 battery question.... >

Trex 450SeV2 battery question....

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450SeV2 battery question....

Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
u)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450SeV2 battery question....

So its been since last fall since I have flown my Trex 450SeV2 and want to start flying more often again. I had a crash last year not too bad (main shaft, blades, tail boom) I had pics posted on here after it happened.
Anyways, I flew a few times after that and the battery started to puff.
I need a new battery. What I want to know is can I use a 45C Pack instead of the usual 22C or 25C with out hurting the stock Esc? Stock Align motor and Esc. Im also taking the weight of the new pack into consideration.

Here's my setup:

Trex450seV2
DX7
AR7000
3x HS5065mg
GY401 with S9257 tail servo
Stock Align motor with 12t pinion
Stock Align Esc

Here are the packs I am interested in: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-111V-2200mAh
Weighs 195g

or the packs I was going to get that are pretty much the same as the factory align pack: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-111V-2100mAh
weighs 162g

I know the 45C protek 2200mAh is a about 33 grams heavier too.

Max amps makes a this pack: http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-2200-111-Flight-Pack.htm
only 168 grams. 27grams lighter than the "protek" 2200mAh one and 50C vs 45C

but I really cant see spending $95 on one pack when I can get two of the pro-tek 45C or three of the 25C protek ones for the same price.

Currently I only do Hovering and a little forward flight with some back flips once in a while so I dont need a crazy battery yet and I plan on working on my forward flight before pursuing any more 3D stuff. But I do have the Real Flight sim and want to eventually do some 3D so I will need a decent pack eventually. Is the maxamps one really worth the extra $40? It does have the 3 year warranty.....

Thanks for any info ahead of time.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :-/
Old 07-27-2010, 05:16 AM

Default RE: Trex 450SeV2 battery question....

I dont see any problem running a 45C pack with the stock electronics. as long as the voltage is within the allowable capacity of the ESC then it will work just fine.

We have tried flying the Align PRo and sport with a 40C Rhino pack. It never gave any issues. It flew better as it was running with less bogging.. so you get a more pure burst of power in hard manuevers.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Trex 450SeV2 battery question....

Using the Thunder Power 45C's in mine and it's a kick in the pants, it only feels like there's more voltage going to the motor. The battery is working way less in order to achieve this. Granted they're about 60 bucks each depending on where you get them, but it's a worthwhile investment.