Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Just ordered my 450 sport >

Just ordered my 450 sport

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Just ordered my 450 sport

Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my 450 sport

Hey everyoneIjust ordered my trex 450 sport fromhelidirect.com and they price mached down to $344.99, good price for the super combo.
I already own the dx6i and cant wait to start the build.
Will post pics as soon as I start.

Good upgrade from the Honey Bee King 3 that Ijust sold, but did help me get the basics of helicopter flight though.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Just ordered my 450 sport

Congrats on your purchase the trex 450 sport it is a nice heli, when you install the belt make sure you put the twist in the belt the right way or else the tail spins in the wrong direction. I made this mistake on my 1st build and it had me all messed up when i went to program the gyro. took me a few days to figure out what i actually did wrong. Good luck
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 AM

+1 Congrats & enjoy. I have an old V1 450 that I love but it's ready for retirement, I can forsee a 450 pro in my future LOL
Jim R
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 PM

I too bought the same heli from them with price match. I have been flying it for a month or so, and had a few mishaps:

- Belt came loose after 2 flights. Boom slipped without noticing. Caused my first crash while spinning out of control. I tightened again with a bit of CA glue
- Blade came off in flight after 6 flights while doing tight fast circles. They hadn't used any lock tite on the feathering shaft. I should have checked. Another crash.

In both cases, main shaft, feathering shaft, blades, cracked canopy (it was so nice new), 1 landing gear (tip broke off one leg), bent flybar (I straightened), 2 servo links to swashplate, broken tail protector (top probably hit by blade).

</p>
Old 07-27-2010, 03:17 PM

To prevent the boom from slipping you either have to take scotch tape and rap it one time around the tail boom before inserting it into the block or sand the inside of the tail block slightly so it makes a tighter seal when you tighten everything back up.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 PM

check the tail slider.. on the center slider some units dont have loctite on it. I ahve seen 3 sports fail this way the Y arm got loose from the slider post so the heli just plunged down...
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM

For some reason they sent me the 450 pro instead, other than being shaft driven tail rotor what other differences are there?
pro vs. sport on performance, price of parts, ease of build.

They also price matched me on the sport butgot the pro. How great is that!

Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Probably more fragile on crashes. You might want to search other posts. I know I did want sport and not Pro, but can't remember what triggered my decision.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 PM

The pro performance is not as identical with the sport. The PRO has a more sturdy framework than the SPORT. The sport is like an advanced V2. while The pro is a different banana. Its kinda harder to fit electronics on the PRO heli as the frameworks is kinda tight. the TT is quite good but it does have need special care as slight dings on the tail can easily destroy the tail gears....
Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM

i purchased the Sport instead of the Pro. my Sport flies awesome... seems alot more difficulties with the Pro when it comes time to repair !!

awesome price for the Pro though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ge94657.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	738.7 KB
ID:	1475859  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:17 PM

you will have fun with the pro heli... just be more careful with that heli as the parts are more fragile.. the Head is easily bent. Material seems to be more brittle than the sport.. and of course the TT.. jsut dont get the tail tangle with the ground...