Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK 450 GT pro

Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK 450 GT pro

I have been flying for 3½ months now. I have had a 450 V2 but the 30amp eflite esc burned up causeing a crash. I sold my blade SR and then just built the new pro. I set it up with a scorpion 2221-8 motor, 12 tooth pinion , CC ICE lite 50 esc, hitec hs65mg cyclic servos, Spartan Quark gyro, outrage 7654T tail servo, and align CF blades. It flys really well!!! here is a short vid that we took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er0e_b25hDY

The next flight I had the esc shut off for some reason and it crashed. The heli is only a week old

First I thought it was the LVC kicking in but I load tested the battery right out the heli and it was holding 10.8 volts with a 40amp load. So that shouldnt be it. I then thought it was the overcurrent protection kicking in but then I thoght, I SHOULDNT be pulling that kind of current???? Oh well Im sure I will find out what it is.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: HK 450 GT pro

Nice, I hope mine fly's that good. I just put together one too.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:02 PM

Congrats on the new heli. Hope the maiden goes well. Mine flew great! Just had a bit of a wobble in the main head rotor from the factory but thothing to bad. Other than that it flew great until the esc shut off. I should have it back up and going this week!!!! (I didnt havet the money but my little brother ordered the parts for me!!! ) I cant thank him enough
Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 AM

I use to have a HDX450 SE v4 from HeliDirect. I thought that heli was nice and rather solid but once I got my HK450 Pro the difference was like night and day. The 450 pro felt more solid and flew super nice. I've since sold it and I'm focusing fully on my 500 but man was that heli fun as hell. LOL So good luck guys.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 PM

I got my heli back up and flying today. Its super smooth . Replaced all the broken/bent parts with align stuff from the hobby shop as I rdered the stuff from xheli and they still havent shipped it yet. Thats very upsetting as I paid $30 for express shipping on a $20 order and now I dont even need the parts. I guess when ever they decied to ship them for me I will have spare parts.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:36 AM

I wont buy spare parts from Xheli anymore. I bought some EXI replacement main blade grips for my 450 Pro. After a simple crash, not even involving the main head assembly, the ball link on the grip broke off leaving a piece inside the grip and making it a complete waste. After that I ordered some Tarot grips and they were awsome. Sorry to hear about that crappy service though. $30 shipping on a $20 order? WOW
Old 08-12-2010, 12:19 AM

is the HK quality reallt that bad?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:48 AM

I had my HK450 Pro and put maybe 30 flights on it before the cheap aluminum started wearing out and becoming very loose. The tail was junk from the start. You couldn't get the tail boom to stay tight and it was always shifting in flight. I didn't feel like waiting for a Tarot version from HK so I ordered the HDX450SE v4 tail from HeliDirect, it solved my tail issue right away. The 450 was fun and very responsive. But once I got my 500 I never touched it anymore. Plus I found working on the 500 alot eaiser because of the size of course. Price difference in parts from ac-rc.com wasn't that much greater either. Some parts were the same price, others a few $ more. So I just sold the 450 and stuck with the 500.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 AM

I put around 70 flights on my 450pro with no wear what so ever. The only thing that happened to it was the darn esc kept cutting out. No part wear though. The V2 that I had had a few hundred on it and it was all stock bearings and everything and its was still as good as it was from day one.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:11 AM

That's another thing. On my HK450 Pro kit the main thrust bearings in the head went at about 40 flights. Had to buy some Align bearings, but the difference after that was AWSOME, so much smoother. I guess it's hit or miss with the quality in the parts plus I'm sure different crashes will have an effect on the wear and tear of them too. After the new Tarot head install I went 50+ flights no problems/crashes, untill I started pushing harder and harder with flips and tricks. With my 500 is more sport flying than anything. Couple rolls now and then but I'm trying to keep her in one piece. Last crash cost me $95 in parts.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:49 AM

sorry there are too many hk450 models (i know there is prob 6diff ones) but cant decide which one to get looking at around 50 for the kit will add electronics as time progresses any recomendations on hk 450 kits? some are alloy some arent some are 90% compatable some are 99%...decisions....decisions....

Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 AM

Here you go K-Dig: http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10902

$70 HK 450 Pro. 99% compatable with Trex 450 Pro.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM

Thanks now just gotta work on selling My corr truck I just wanna make sure that the helicopter I get will be able to get replacement parts at my LHS
Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 PM

So the HK450 heli quality is partly good and partly bad... something to do with the quality of the parts. It might be that the factory does not have a quality control to check the tolerances of the parts being placed on the heli More of a chinese backyard production line... were all the parts are machined manually.... lacks the quality control...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:29 PM

I've been working on getting my HK450GT in the air for a couple weeks now... overall I am pleased with the heli, it went together quickly and most of the parts were good. On my first attempt, the tail rotor was rotating around the tail boom and there was quite a bit of vibration. I later found out that the tail rotor shaft was bent, so I straightened it a bit, and that helped with some of the vibration. On my last "flight" where I got it in the air I had one of the tail boom supports break free and set it down a bit hard and snapped the vertical fin mount which also holds on the tail rotor... so I'm still not quite there. I think with a new, straight tail rotor it will be a lot better behaved. The rest of the heli seems to be holding up, just need to get some blue loctite in there and balance the blades.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 PM

You Know, Xheli has a 450 Pro clone as well and at leasty you can get warranty service but you gotta use their website, cause the phone support and email is not that good.

I got the TT version but have had to be careful with the tail blades flying off of grass. My buddy has an Align 450 Pro and his has the same thing. Both of us have hit the tail blades on grass enough to break front TT drive teeth.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:11 AM

that is normal with TT setup.. its really sensitive.. slight hits and ding on the tail will render the gears useless... specially the ones located near the reduction gear up front...

kinda strange.. its always the gear that gets broken off easily... even on the larger helis like the 500 and 600 its the same gear that strips...
Old 09-06-2010, 07:35 AM

I got my HK pro with the belt tail as I was a bit nervous gettting a TT tail b/c of all the post about the gears. Well I bought an align pro and Im flying off grass and its solid. The gears are alot tougher than I thought they would be. I bought some tarot gears incase these broke BUT they are a softer plastic than the align gears.

The TT tail is sooo much smoother and easier on the motor. I am going to convert the HK to TT now.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 AM

Finally got mine up and flying. This is my second heli, My first one was a mx 400 that I got for almost nothing and it crashed after one flight because of a faulty gyro and tower wanted to much for parts for the thing. I was about ready to give up on flying helis after several crashes and mishaps with my HK450. I has issues with my esc shutting off also causing mine to crash. Good thing Rons Heli Pros has fast shipping. LOL ! this thing has half of the parts replaced with Align stuff. I'm happy I stuck with it because this thing flew great. The only stick time I have on helis is on the sim but I was able to fly this heli with ease doing stall turns, nose in, nose out, both side hovering, and flying in circles, overall great flying heli. I guess all the sim time helped my thumbs, I was nervous but just tried not to think and just fly..
Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 AM

Glad to hear you stuck with it and its working out for you. I recommend sim time to every new pilot(heli or planes) before they fly. Now with that said I cant fly worth a darn on a sim but I can fly the heck out of my real stuff. To me sim just isnt right, helis and planes dont fly that way but I have progressed beyond basic flight. I made my brother fly on the sim and it really helped him out when he took my plane up for the first time(had him on a buddy box just incase but he didnt need it)
Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM

yup simulators does really help... its best to get a lot of sim time.. as you build muscle memory
Old 09-07-2010, 11:56 AM

I think your depth and perspective is a little skewed on the sim but like soneebee said, it gives you muscle memory.. Here is a pic of my HK 450 that is like frankenstein now... It has parts from align and some from my old mx 400..lol !!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87707.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1496871  
Old 09-11-2010, 04:41 PM

How important are BEC's when flying helo's? Ive seen them used in 1 cell oval cars I used a small 300mah receiver pack in my car is this similar if not the same as the bec's? I have been reading up on them just not fully grasping the concept.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Well, I fixed my heli with a new "upgrade" tail from HK and I secured most of the bolts with loc-tite... I got 5 flights in yesterday! [8D] I'm still quite a beginner, but my figure 8's are starting to shape up and nose in hovering is slowly improving. I almost made a circuit, but lost orientation 3/4 of the way through and just about buried it in the dirt. Some quick reaction saved it, with me about 50 feet up, and I calmly brought it back in the home position. Overall I'm quite happy and relieved that it's still in one piece.

ORIGINAL: k-dig

How important are BEC's when flying helo's? Ive seen them used in 1 cell oval cars I used a small 300mah receiver pack in my car is this similar if not the same as the bec's? I have been reading up on them just not fully grasping the concept.

Speed controls with built in BEC allow you to run a single pack in the helicopter and reduces weight of the helicopter slightly, increasing performance... only bad thing is you need to make absolutely sure that you never reach the cottoff point where the bec shuts off the throttle in a last ditch effort to save power for the servos so you can make an emergency dead stick landing. It's best to get a BEC with more than 2A maximum current for a 450 sized heli.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM

gotcha thanks, so would a small reciever pack be sufficiant or not even talking about the same thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.