Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Failsafe issue with ttx650 and 624 rx

Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failsafe issue with ttx650 and 624 rx

There are a few of us new ttx650 users who seem to be having an issue with failsafe on the 624rx and ttx650. 2 of us have had the timer run down on our tx and when it powers off our planes they go to full throttle?

The only thought I had is it has something to do with the throttle channel having to be reversed(similar to futaba)?

My thought is that this could be addressed with software update to tx?

The other user said he checked failsafe which originally worked fine, but after a few flights this same issue also happened to bim.

Anyone have similar issue or know what is causing this?

Thank you.<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Failsafe issue with ttx650 and 624 rx

Thank you. We'll get this looked into.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM
dbc

I hope you do. I reported this to Hobby Services several weeks ago and got a "canned response" that was completely useless.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Bax

Did you relink your receiver after you reversed the throttle? When you change settings in the transmitter that will affect failsafe operation, you need to relink, otherwise the receiver will be working off the old information. Page 37 of the instruction manual details the procedure for setting up the failsafe. The last step after making sure you have the controls set in the correct positions is to relink the receiver to the transmitter.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Bax

Did you relink your receiver after you reversed the throttle? When you change settings in the transmitter that will affect failsafe operation, you need to relink, otherwise the receiver will be working off the old information. Page 37 of the instruction manual details the procedure for setting up the failsafe. The last step after making sure you have the controls set in the correct positions is to relink the receiver to the transmitter.

Hi Bill,

No, I did not relink after I setup plane. By reading some post on another forum it seems that has fixed the issue.

I will relink my 2 flyzone planes before I fly next time.

Thank you for the quick reply and the solution.

Jason
<br type="_moz" />
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM
rwj

I have installed the anylink on my Futaba T6EXAP, manual says to setup in ppm. Failsafe can not be setup in the ppm mode on my radio so what can I do to protect it from going off full throttle and not being able to shut it down?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Bax

Page 8 in the AnyLink instruction manual details how you manually set the failsafe in the TR624 receiver.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM
rwj

Bax I think I have it set up right. I unplugged the tx power and the motor killed. Now if I am in a steep bank and loose power my motor will kill but my servos will freeze also and because of their last position it will pile into the ground correct? I will not have ail, rudder, elevator or flap control.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Bax

You are correct. The Tactic TR624 6-channel receiver has a programmable failsafe on channel 3 (throttle) only. The other channels will hold their last commanded position. The receiver's instruction manual can be found here:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/tac/tacl0624-manual.pdf
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 AM

i also have this problem. my throttle needs to he in reverse in order to get a stick down = no throttle and stick up = full throttle situation. now when i switch off my transmitter, the rx will output full throttle, completely overriding the additional failsafe setting i had made in my flight controller due to the way my FC looks for a failsafe trigger (being loss of channel inputs). can anyone tell me how to get rid of the ridiculous inverted failsafe feature on the tactic TR624 and TR625? I am too afraid to lose another copter in a flyaway fiasco so until i get this sorted, my Tactic radio and all receivers are benched..
Old 10-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LinkOne
You have not redone the link after you set the throttle to reverse. The Tactic is the same as Futaba, you must have the throttle reversed and then must relink after you have the model properly set up and fail safe is proper. We have at least 6 Tactic users at our field and none of us have ever had a problem that was not traced back to human error. I personally have two TX850's and one TX650. All have been exceptionally easy to program if you carefully read the instruction manual
Old 10-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Dear Rodney,
first off, thank you for your response.
I must say that initially had gone over the complete manual that came with the TTX and aside from the bind function, i did not spot any mention of how setting the throttle output to reverse would mean i now have an inverted failsafe situation on my hands. considering that the RX624 that came with the TTX was in the box with it, it did not have a manual of its own so i found out the hard way... im still confused how this is not a large bold font warning with danger icons in the manual of the TX where you would make such a setting. Anyways, it wasnt until after the other mentioned problems with that 624 had forced me to send it in for warranty, leaving me without any receiver to be able to use my brand new TTX650, that i purchased a TR625 from the LHS. This one did come in its own package and with a rx specific manual. now, even though i was certain i had a familiar product in my hands, i still took the time to read the complete manual as i always do for new equipment. this is where i was first informed about the failsafe setting and things seemed to start making more sense. fyi: even the LHS that sold me the system was not aware of this. anyways, it mentions the procedure to adjust this cofiguration to your requirements, but as far as i can remember, even in that manual there is no mention of the failsafe operation and channel reverse are a dangerous combo. Regardless, when i tried to perform a failsafe throttle position adjustment it did not work on my TR624 (i will have to see about the 625 later today). the manual states that the rx will blink its light twice to indicate a successful setting, but mine does not blink at all. i tried this procedure about a dozen times and gave up. Later i figured that it might be failing to reset because the rx is already bound to my tx, as the light is always solid as soon as i power it up. but searching for a method on unbinding the rx has given me no result so far. again neither the manual that came with the rx nor the tx provides this information.
id love to know how to unbind and rebind it so if anyone can advise it would be appreciated..

I am well aware that there are countless happy tatic pilots out there, you obviously being one of them. I also know Tactic is praised for its reliable SLT protocol, to which unfortunately i can not testify since i had my first receiver failed on me and my second not operating the way i need it to, leaving me with hundreds of euros worth of useless equipment. Lastly, and i know this is not a flaw or anything but it does limit my abilities concerning my rc hobby, Tactic receivers are all PWM output and that is just not providing sufficient functionality required by the current level of tech used in modern flight controllers. Also the SLT protocol is not part the common group of rc protocols that the new gadgets are all pioneering on. for example the integrated receivers on many microquad controllers can be chosen DSM(2/X), FASST, ACCST or whatever but SLT is a bit off standard in that regard. I do believe the anylink solution would allow any TX to operate a tactic rx, but the problem is the old fashioned bulky box rx with a dozen cables... i want to use my ttx650 to operate a decent micro rx, or any rx that will allow me to output a single pair wired PPM signal to the controller.
I hope you understand my frustration (not about SLT or PWM as last mentioned but about what i said before that) and I do believe Tactic does build quality radios that will serve some guys a lifetime. I do not intend to come here and rant about my radio, its just hard to put aside the heartship i have had to endure with mine so far.

kind regards,

thomas