Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Anylink on JR XG8?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anylink on JR XG8?

Hi All,

I purchased an Anylink that I planned on using with my JR XG8. The documentation states that the cable included works on all JR radios. The trainer plug works and powers up the radio as soon as I plug it in but the Anylink itself does not turn on. The included cable charge plug does not fit the radio so either it is not supposed to be required or the documentation needs to be updated.

Should this work with the XG series? Are the charging plugs different on these radios?

Thanks, Mike
Old 02-18-2014, 11:39 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you're using the anylink cable that has a two cell life battery?

EDIT: whoops, I'm completely wrong (according to the anylink site) the cable I'm thinking of is for Spektrum and specifically NOT for JR.
My apologies.

Last edited by AMA 74894; 02-18-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: added info
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM

No apology needed. I am wondering if I will need that cable for this radio even though they don't specify it. I think that these XG radios, because of the life battery these radios use, have a different charge plug. I don't want to spent the extra $15 only to find out it wont work. I sent an email to [email protected] (listed on the tx-ready website) but have not heard anything back yet.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The AnyLink module has not been tested with the JR XG systems. We're going to be working on that. However, here's what came from the Tactic the development team:

"It appears this radio, in particular, has a charge circuit built inside the transmitter itself (as do some of Spektrum's higher channel radios). This charge circuit is powered by a 12V DC power supply through a port in the side of the radio. Many might unknowingly assume this is a "charge jack". However, this is a "power jack" which does not have voltage present that could power AnyLink. The easy way to tell this is a power jack is that the diameter is much smaller than JR's traditional charge jacks. The result is that this makes the AnyLink module incompatible with the JR cable that's included (TACM0002).

However, we think our optional cable TACM0005 with built-in LiFe battery might work."
Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM

I wish I had this information before I purchased this. I can pick up a tactic transmitter for what I will have to invest in this. For now I am using it on an older Futaba transmitter but if I have to carry 2 transmitters I may as well have just purchased a tactic transmitter.

Someone might want to update tx-ready.com compatibility list and other documentation.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Hobbico support responded to my email today. I guess it took them a while to verify the info. Here is what they sent:

Sir,

This may be a duplicate answer, but please accept our apologies, as we are updating our files and want to make sure that each of our customers has received an answer to their questions.

We are sorry if there has been any delay in your answer.

The Anylink came out before this JR radio hit the market. If the Anylink does not power up, you'll need a powered adapter cable, TACM0005 or TACM0008, plus battery.

If you send us your shipping info, we can get one sent to you.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address.
(Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.) You can also reach our product support technical team at ********

If I actually get this in the mail, and I don't see why i wouldn't, I will tell everyone I meet about this. Good customer service seems to be harder to find these days so anytime I get it I let people know.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:49 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you GOTTA LOVE Hobbico!

I did run into the same issue with my DX7S, but that radio was listed as needing the powered cable.
really great to hear, miggo. good luck with your anylink.