Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Bax if your listening

Old 05-23-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bax if your listening

Bax I just got a new 850 and I am having trouble getting the throttle cut off to work. I have the 650 and the numbers when doneshow a higher number for the trigger position a lower number for the cut and the throttle position in the middle of these two numbers and I can get this to work. On the 850 I get as an example trig 18 cut 78 and throttle 50 and when operated the throttle cut goes backwards raising the rpm. When I raise the throttle stick the numbers go down into a neg number. It seems like everything is backwards from the 650, Help and Thanks Neil
Old 05-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First off, please be aware that the Throttle Cut function is for glow engines, only, and works by moving the throttle servo so that the throttle closes the carburetor air intake.

To set up Throttle Cut, you first select the switch you want to use. Then move the throttle to the trigger point. That's the point below which you want the Throttle Cut function to work. Above that point, the Throttle Cut function won't work. Now set the cut position by moving to that entry and then using the + or - keys to change the number.

For an example, I have my transmitter set with SF as the switch. +72% for trigger and +123% for the cut. Checking the servo screen shows that the throttle cut function is working as it should.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:32 PM

Thanks Bax. But I still have the problem. The numbers are set like your example and the graph shows the function works, but in my example the throttle opens, not closes. I did get it to work by adding a small amount of throttle curve?? I also did try to reverse the servo and of course the throttle works backwards and the kill still works opposite of the correct motion. I don't know???? I can leave the throttle curve in because it is so low it isn't visually different from the normal action. I sure would like to know what I am doing wrong. Thanks
Old 05-27-2015, 06:22 AM
Bax

How are your endpoints set? I kept Travel at 100% for each direction. If you have expanded the endpoints, then your difficulty may lie there.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:59 PM

Bax, If you set the end points to 100% how do you get the max open and idle points without adj the end points. Maybe I am doing this wrong but I have used the end points to make the throttle control in the max up position have the carb in the max open position. The same for the idle then I would use the trim for fine adj of the idle. This has worked on the 650. Im trying not to be too big a pain but Im confussed?? Thanks Bax.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Bax

If you have your endpoints set too high (above 100%), then there's no place for the throttle cut to move to. When you set the throttle endpoints to 100%, you then use mechanical adjustments to get the throttle arm on the carburetor to move as closely as possible to its throw. We adjust in or out on the servo and in or out on the throttle arm to get things set up. We use endpoints as the last resort to get the finishing touches. You don't want to have to move them too much, unless you're not going to use the throttle cut function.

When you have the endpoints maxed, then you won't be able to move the channel farther to have the throttle cut function work. It needs some "room" in the channel to move to.

Last edited by Bax; 06-02-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:06 AM

Thanks I will try it!!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:04 PM

I found that I had to turn the throttle servo end for end before I got it to work
Old 11-28-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TACTIC THROTTLE CUT
Prior to setting up throttle cut make sure the fail safe is set on either the TX650 or TX850.
To set fail safe, after setting up the transmitter and receiver, with both units and the transmitter throttle stick in the off position, press and hold the bind/link button and watch for the flashes indicating the failsafe has been set.

How to turn the THROTTLE CUT function into THROTTLE LOCK on the Tactic Xmitrs.

These instruction assume that you are going to use switch H for throttle lock, you can use a different switch if you choose. You will have to program this for each plane.

Here is how you do it

Enter the SETTINGS Menu for the desired aircraft
Use the MINUS key to move to THROTTLE CUT
Press the ENTER key
The cursor box is now at CTRL
Press the ENTER key
“Chose the Control Switch” appears on screen
Move switch H (you can choose a different switch if you desire)
“SH L0) H1)” appears on screen
Press the ESC key to accept the default
Press the ENTER key
“Chose the Control Switch” appears on the screen
Move Switch H
“SH L0) H1)” appears on screen
Press the ESC key to accept the default
Move switch H so that CTRL:SH ON appears on the screen
Note: It doesn't matter whether SH ON or SH OFF is on the screen, but the rest of the explanation is based on SH being in the ON position
Move the cursor box to TRIG; press the ENTER key. Nothing appears to happen, but the default
10% is selected.
Move the cursor box to CUT:
Press the ENTER key, reduce to 0% using the MINUS key, press the ENTER key
The Throttle Cut is now set as a throttle lock. The graphic on the right side of the screen shows no movement when the throttle stick is moved and the screen shows CTRL: SH ON
Push switch H back and the screen shows CTRL: SH OFF
The graph now moves with the throttle stick movement.
\
REMEMBER: this programming need to be done for each plane you want it used on!