Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Anylink2 not working with JR 12X Transmitter

Old 08-13-2015, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anylink2 not working with JR 12X Transmitter

Just purchased a Anylink2 and can't seem to get it to work with my JR 12x transmitter. If I use the cable that the instructions state (Cable A - Blue ends) I get no response from the Anylink module. If I use Cable C (black ends) I do get the lights and the audio beeps from the Aynlink module....????? I'm also able to select the type of transmitter on the Anylink box but it doesn't keep this information once I unplug the module (not sure if this is a problem or not) but the bigger issue is that no matter which transmitter I choose on the Anylink, I get no response from the receiver. I've tried 2 different Tactic receivers with the same results. The receivers do appear to bind with the AnyLink but again, I get no response from any of the servos. Some of the servos will jitter and move from time to time but again, I have no control from the transmitter. At this point, I don't know if it's a problem with the Anylink or if the Anylink has compatibility issues with the JR 12x......?????? I have read at least one other person having this same issue with a Futaba transmitter but the person never states what their solution or end result was. Thanks! Mark
Old 08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We came up with two things that it might be:

The power switch on a JR transmitter needs to be in the OFF position at all times. When you connect the trainer plug to the trainer jack it automatically powers the encoder circuit inside the JR radio.

If your transmitter has the option to select between FM and PCM, you will need to put the it in FM mode.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Bill.

Yes, the transmitter is kept in the off position. And it doesn't have an option for FM or PCM because it's a dedicated 2.4ghz Transmitter (doesn't have a removable module like the early 12x's). Any other idea's????

Thanks!

Mark
Old 08-14-2015, 05:46 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the transmitter have to have the trainer system set to "student"?
Old 08-14-2015, 05:50 AM

No. It can be set to Student (slave) or Trainer (Master), which I've tried both ways.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 PM

Update:
Tried my AnyLink2 with my friends Spektrum DX7 Transmitter and it worked fine. In fact it worked with both the A & C cables (one with the blue ends and the one with the black ends). So at this point it looks as if the AnyLink2 is not compatible with the JR 12x transmitter (2.4 version). Mark