Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Transmitter Charger

Old 08-16-2015, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Charger

Why doesn't Tactic supply a wall-wart charger for the TTX650 transmitter? Most people will put a spare NiCd or NiMh pack in there but, without cannibalizing one of their existing chargers by cutting off the transmitter plug and putting it onto the 4.8 leads, what options do we have?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm...I'll have to check with the product manager. The TTX850 comes with a charger, and we even have a stock number made for it, but nothing in stock. In the meantime, you can charge the battery pack by taking it out of the transmitter and using one of many chargers that have a compatible lead.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Bax. I've noticed that Tactic isn't alone in not supplying a charger for the increasingly prevalent 4.8V transmitter batteries. Maybe everyone is so locked into using their LiPo chargers, which have a setting for NiMh, that wall wart chargers are 'old school'. Taking it out is probably the best option at this point, but when the chargers do show up, I'll be getting one since my LiPo charger only allows high current charging of NiCd and NiMh while looking for peak settings.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:25 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We've been told that chargers may not become available. There has been insufficient demand for t hem.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is not hard to convert any of the old wall warts used to charge 4 and 5 cell Nixx battery's to charge your Tactic. Just purchase a connector from Radio Shack (part number 274-1573) and solder it to an old wall wart or make a jumper using a servo extension cord by replacing the one end with the Radio Part connector so you can use it with any old wall wart or most current chargers that can charge Nixx type cells.