Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Buddy box: Spectrum DX as trainer, TTX850 as student

Old 07-03-2016, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy box: Spectrum DX as trainer, TTX850 as student

I am getting back into the hobby after a long absence, and I purchased a TTX850. It turns out that the club I am planning on joining is almost all Spektrum (and a few Futaba; no Tactic at all). This morning I wanted to see if I could use my TTX as the student box in a wired configuration with the Spektrum that was being used for the Apprentice we were flying. When we plugged it in, the controls worked, but were mapped to the wrong channels. On my TTX, the aileron controlled throttle, throttle controlled elevator, and elevator controlled aileron. Rudder was the same. Any idea why this was the case, and how to work around it?

At some point I want to make my TTX the instructor box so I can fly my plane with a different student box. Since the club has Spektrums, the student box will be one of those. Has anyone set them up in this configuration? I am fine with a wired connection, so I don't really want to look at Anylink if I don't have to.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Different brands of systems may have the channel order set up separately. In the TTX850 transmitter, you can remap the channel assignments so that the channels in the TTX850 conform to the ones in the airplane. This is found in the Model Setup menu.

The trainer system should work either way, with the TTX850 as master or as student. Just use the appropriate trainer cord.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. After doing more research, I learned that the Tactic systems use channel 3 for throttle and Spektrum uses channel 1, so that explains the mapping I ran into. So it seems like I need to make sure the slave radio is mapped to the channels set by the master. I am out of luck if the slave transmitter is a very basic one that can't do channel mapping. I believe Futaba uses channel 3 throttle, so that might be the easiest solution (I might need to reverse a channel or two, but not map). The club has some older Futaba transmitters that can be used, so I'll try that next time I'm at the field.