Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Range TTX-610 and TR-625 and Rx antenna repair

Old 06-12-2020, 02:37 PM
NikolayTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range TTX-610 and TR-625 and Rx antenna repair

Hello,
I have got an European version (lower Tx power) of the transmitter TTX-610 and use it with Receiver TR-625. Range seems pretty bad, connection gets lost too frequently. Few questions after the first couple weeks in the field:
- Then we tried two persons talking via mobile phones, one was controlling the TTX-610 and the other was reporting the effect on the servos connected to TR-625 while holding the airplane and walking away. On a completely open airfield the connection got unstable when the distance became more than 500 meters and at about 600m there was no connection anymore. Is that normal ? - seems to me pretty much shorter than Graupner which we tried and had connection to even 2000 meters in the same conditions and place.
- Where is the Transmitter antenna placed in the box of the Tx; maybe I am 'shielding' it while holding the box in not suitable way in my hands. I have opened the box of the transmitter but there was not any antenna to be seen there ? Is there anyway I can 'help' the antenna' by some additional wire(s) ?
- After a crash, the both antenna wires of the TR-625 appear to have been cut at about 7-10mm out of the Rx box. Still Rx seems to work OK. How can I repair those antenna, what type/kind of Coaxial cable I should use; any thing from the mobile-phones world ?
BR,
Nick
Old 06-29-2020, 10:59 AM
NikolayTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there seems have been some people reading my questions (so far above 90) but there wasn't a single answer nor comment so far, maybe because those RX and TX are no longer on the market, while so many people are using it anyway.
I wonder if there has been some similar Q/A in other forums. but decided to solve somehow the problems myself, instead searching endlessly the web. And it seems I got it all done, and in fact not worse than the original, maybe even a bit better )...
Indeed, had to crash badly in order to get more serious about the 2.4 GHz Rx-TX ) .
So now I wonder on which forum to supply the solutions: - Any hints please ?
Meanwhile here in brief: - Mounted on the TX a cheap WiFi antenna from a home 2.4 GHz WiFi router, and for the RX - a micro-coax-cable with diameter 1.13 mm/RG114; all tested with the nice RF Power Meter v2 of Immersion.com. That is really exceptionally handy and low cost 'thing' or 'must-have' in the Field-box. Also the Youtube Videos of the FPV guys were very helpful too, although I would rather fly paper airplanes than FPV )), indeed, one newer knows what the future brings...
If interested, send me direct PM, or guide me please where to post it.
BR, Nick