Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Need help with my cold

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:24 AM
3rd BoSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my cold

Okay so I bought the Traxxas EVX-2 16.8v ESC, the truck runs great but for some reason it seems like it has a faster response in reverse.
I purchased it on Ebay, And I don't have any instructions for it... I've switched the motor leads, And I still have the same result... I'm thinking that I have the wrong positive and negative together for the motors... I have soldered Deans plugs to the whole system...

Any help or input is greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94943.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1525338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31051.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1525339  
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM
steed2-inactive

Default RE: Need help with my cold

are you running the stock motors?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
3rd BoSS

Yes, And I have reversed them Same thing...

Old 11-12-2010, 08:30 AM
MaddMatt

Is one motor reverse rotaion? That is I had a USA-1 Kyosho, and one motor was a reverse rotation motor and could only be run on one specific place.( either front or rear end of the truck, Don't remeber which end.) But the timing of this motor was opposite of the normal rotation motor.. so it would run faster in the intended direction of rotation. try switching the front and rear motors.. you may have one from the front in the rear and vise versa.

If you look at the brush hoods in relation to the mounting screw holes of the motor can, one is probably turned to the right, and the other is probably turned to the left. like the hands on a clock pointed at 12, and 2 while the other motor is 12, and 10. Big hand being the centerline of the screw holes, and small hand being 90 degrees from the brush hoods.. the motors will be happy if they are running in the direction of the timing, and it sound like this could be what your seeing..

Keep us informed about what you find.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Scottgir

ORIGINAL: MaddMatt

Is one motor reverse rotaion? That is I had a USA-1 Kyosho, and one motor was a reverse rotation motor and could only be run on one specific place.( either front or rear end of the truck, Don't remeber which end.) But the timing of this motor was opposite of the normal rotation motor.. so it would run faster in the intended direction of rotation. try switching the front and rear motors.. you may have one from the front in the rear and vise versa.

If you look at the brush hoods in relation to the mounting screw holes of the motor can, one is probably turned to the right, and the other is probably turned to the left. like the hands on a clock pointed at 12, and 2 while the other motor is 12, and 10. Big hand being the centerline of the screw holes, and small hand being 90 degrees from the brush hoods.. the motors will be happy if they are running in the direction of the timing, and it sound like this could be what your seeing..

Keep us informed about what you find.
This is dead on if you're not running the stock clod motors. Stock clod motors are closed endbell zero timing motors so it didn't matter where you ran them, only if you reversed power.

Can you take pictures of your motors. Also here's another thing to check. Is your transmitter set to reverse for channel 2. I had an evx original and if I remember right, that made a difference. You should be able to find a manual if you plug in the model number in your search.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

3rd.....

I can say this is most likely a strange effect of the ESC. I have the same one, but I am running 2 Titan 12t motors, not the stock clods. I also seem to have a slightly faster reverse speed. My first thought was it's the way the gearboxes are setup, but it shouldnt matter. I think its just a combined function of the ESC, and the fact that one motor has to be reversed.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:58 PM
3rd BoSS

I would like to thank everyone for your help and ideas,

I apologize that it took so long for me to write back..

I had solved the problem to use after posting... The Traxxas EVX-2 16.8v ESC was set up correctly I had reversed the polarity on both motorsthere was no positive needed marketing...
and the radio controller wasn't reversed all is well now and I even know how to program the ECX-2 there are great tutorials on YouTube...

Once again
thank you all for your help and input