Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

ClodBuster 6x6 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
g_veneziano1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ClodBuster 6x6 HELP!

Hey everyone, I have a 6x6 clod using titan 550 motors. I want to control these with a super rooster and ten cells. Will this work? Please advise!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: ClodBuster 6x6 HELP!

ORIGINAL: g_veneziano1

Hey everyone, I have a 6x6 clod using titan 550 motors. I want to control these with a super rooster and ten cells. Will this work? Please advise!
It could work. I had a regular rooster hooked up to three Tamiya silver cans(very low power draw) and it handle them OK (was pushing towards the limit, though). The super rooster is rated at roughly double the power. The rooster is rated at a 15t motor, the super is rated at 2 15t motors. Now I'm sure that the titans draw more that silver cans, but since the super is rated at 2x the regular, you should be fine. The only positive way to be sure the Super rooster can handle it is to look up the amperage rattings of the ESC and compare them to the combined ratings of the motors.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
g_veneziano1

Default RE: ClodBuster 6x6 HELP!

Thanks I will do that! I'd hate to get this far then melt the #$%^ thing down.