Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Tamiya Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Should I buy TAMIYA TNX 5.2R?? desparately need HELP!

Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Should I buy TAMIYA TNX 5.2R?? desparately need HELP!

Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 PM
hulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy TAMIYA TNX 5.2R?? desparately need HELP!

HI!
Im trying to decide, if a TAMIYATNX (5.2R) with NEWAxial 32 1S engine is a good option for me?
im not sure about tamiya's as i previously had a savage 25 and im not really an RC expert. The main things that worry me are that for example, savage's suspenssion look way better comparing to the tamiyas and the fact that tamiya Tnx is quite old and generally i dont know if it is as tough as savage or other trucks...

What do you think guys? any opinions are appreciated. i know that this is tamiya forum....but you know just give me your opinions.

thank you

Im also considering buying, a savage X(L), Traxxas Revo... have you got any alternatives to those trucks, or could you recommend me something FAST but Off-Road too
thank you again
Old 03-18-2011, 02:16 PM
hulligan

Default RE: Should I buy TAMIYA TNX 5.2R?? desparately need HELP!

cmon, please, can someone help me here>?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 PM
The Mad Modder

The TNX is a good truck. I only have my friend's t-maxx 2.5 to compare it to(as far as nitros go), though. The chassis is MUCH more durable than the Maxx and the engine isn't as much of a pain to work with.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 PM
hsw21

Hi hulligan
I have Tamiya Terra Crusher and my friend has Tmaxx (this was back in 2004).
Im a Tamiya fan and of course I love my TC instead of the Tmaxx, and my TC was doing really great at that time, I installed the Epic 18 engine which is very popular at that time for the TC and all that and had a really great time with it.
But if I'm gonna do it again, probably, I'll get the Tmaxx since they are so popular and very easy to get parts anywhere.
As Im getting older and busier with family, work and kid, I dont have time to hunt this or that part, or tinkering with the truck. I just want to bring it to store, tell the problem and have them fix it. Problem with Tamiya Terra Crusher, sometimes people dont know much about Terra Crusher and some store even dont wanna deal with it.
Just my opinion though. For now I only use my old King Blackfoot and run them at my office parking lot after work.
Hope that helps.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM
hulligan

thank you very much even though i bought my tamiya like 3 months ago.
I have a shell from TERRACRUSHER. its really fast. i had a really fun and a little dangerous experience with it though. Last time i run it on a football pitch i lost control over it and it just went ONAFULLTHROTTLEnearly hitting footballers which were resting after match nearby lol, they wouldnt even have time to stand up. finaly the truck stopped after i turned my controller off.
it is quite strange that the failsafe did not work
after careful inspection i noticed that servo is broken now i dont have time to fix it because i have exams but i will buy a new servo for the summer.
thanks again