Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Clod Buster

Old 03-30-2011, 08:42 PM
badassbanshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clod Buster

I am looking for a place to buy new parts for my old clod buster. I got it new I think in 1987 as a kid and have been thinking about resoring it. Still works great other than it sat on the tires for 10 years in the attic, so they are dented in pretty bad, and the steering servo mount is broke. But I want to make it like new again. Can anyone give me a web site or store where I can find new parts?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:16 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Clod Buster

ORIGINAL: badassbanshe

I am looking for a place to buy new parts for my old clod buster. I got it new I think in 1987 as a kid and have been thinking about resoring it. Still works great other than it sat on the tires for 10 years in the attic, so they are dented in pretty bad, and the steering servo mount is broke. But I want to make it like new again. Can anyone give me a web site or store where I can find new parts?
It's not too hard to find parts for the clod since the current super clod buster is almost exactly the same. Only differences are the body uses a different grill and tailgate(doesn't say "chevrolet" on the gate) and on the chassis, instead of red suspension parts it has blue ones.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=TAMC0321&P=Z
note: don't buy any integy "upgrades" for it because their parts tend to be made of very poor metal and break easily.
ebay is also a good place to find parts.
If you buy on ebay, nitro hobbies is a good place to get parts at a reasonable price. They won't come in factory packages, though, they are pulled from brand new kits.
http://stores.ebay.com/RC-NITRO-HOBB...=p4634.c0.m322
Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 PM
mugen69

Default RE: Clod Buster

CPE
crawfordperformanceengineering.com
makes some good parts for clods. Y
ou can also check out rc4wd.com