Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Tamiya TNX help?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Bobroham
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TNX help?

I am new to Nitro RC's. Yesterday I picked up my new TNX. After trying and failing to start the engine, mybatteryon my starter died so I used an electric drill.
First I used it on full power clockwise(stupid) then when I realized it was clockwise Ireversedit. When I tried it in reverse, my roto starter on the engine snapped in two.
I am thinking of moving to pull start but more importantly, do you think my engine was damaged?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
secretsg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya TNX help?

Chances are the engine is still good since the roto unit has a weak case. To make sure you'd have to check that yourself. Turn the engine over by hand and see if anything catches. If you feel anything is wrong just open the engine up and take a look. Remember to set the gear mesh and use locitite when you put it back together.

Next time use the heat gun to warm up the engine a little. The drill is too powerful for the little roto start units. I'd get a nice electric screwdriver instead if you don't like the handy start.