Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Softer suspension for Black foot?

Old 05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
nutwgnfromhell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softer suspension for Black foot?

Hey I have a super blackfoot with the king black foot rear end, My question is how can I get the shocks softer so it can jump and not break stuff. I`m thinking if I get Rustler shocks and soften the spring with a torch. The chassis is my first r/c and i pretty much beat the king black foot to death.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Dongskie

Default RE: Softer suspension for Black foot?

Change to a softer shock oil too.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: nutwgnfromhell

Hey I have a super blackfoot with the king black foot rear end, My question is how can I get the shocks softer so it can jump and not break stuff. I`m thinking if I get Rustler shocks and soften the spring with a torch. The chassis is my first r/c and i pretty much beat the king black foot to death.
If you're sure that your BF will handle rustler shocks(size), go ahead, but I'd strongly recommend not using a torch on the springs. Rather than weakening them, it will most likely remove the temper, turning it back into regular wire. see if you can find some softer springs instead. The duratrax evader uses VERY similar sized shocks and they have three levels of firmness springs available.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Krazy Chicken

use the rear shocks of a rustler, the front ones are to short