Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

King Blackfoot Project is done

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:49 PM
KingBlackft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Blackfoot Project is done

After a year and half ofrestoring my RC project for the 2nd time it is 100% complete

The truck started out as a Bush Devil, when I was a teen, Irestore the truck and changed it to a Bigfoot body and painted the rims, body clips, bumper, and roll bar silver.

2 years ago, my truck was sittingon a shelf in the basement,came up with an idea tomake a modernization look of the Classic King Blackfoot

BEFORE:

I took everything off to the chassis and clean it up, I had to replace the steering support bar bracket (that also holds the bumper) due to it was broken, replaced it witha FROG bracket.

Replaced the stock shocks with Yeah Racing Chrome Shocks with a Blue Springs from China, then purchased a F-350 body from Parma from the US and painted it a Black Metallic color

Purchased a NIB Lunchbox bumper from a local Hobby Shop

Found King Blackfoot Decals and the King Blackfoot Chrome Plated Roll Bar off of eBay from China

I was looking forever for the King Blackfoot Chrome Plated Wheels, then found them off of eBay from the UK

I was looking for replacement Tires for my project, couldnt find anything that really satisfied my taste, did buy tires for replacement but they were to small, so I cleaned up the tires I had to use.

and the end result:

Old 07-17-2010, 08:00 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: King Blackfoot Project is done

Nice. It turned out really well.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Krazy Chicken

the bushdevil is different then the king blackfoot, the front end is different on the king blackfoot. any ways it looks great
Old 07-21-2010, 07:54 PM
KingBlackft

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

the bushdevil is different then the king blackfoot, the front end is different on the king blackfoot. any ways it looks great
Not really, the difference between King Blackfootfrom Bush Devil is just the front bracket that has two body clip pins to hold the body, i have both manuals, I compared them. Besides that, BD and KBFare the same justall of the blue parts on a BDis Grey/Silver on KBF

The stock bumpers are the same, just didnt use it, i choose a Lunchbox bumper because I thought it looked better
Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Krazy Chicken

nope, the kind blackfoot uses a more standered a-arm for the front while the bushdevil uses the frog style

see the differences

King Blackfoot
Bushdevil/Super Blackfoot[img]{akamaiimageforum}/upfiles/373137/Ql33258.jpg[/img]
ORIGINAL: KingBlackft

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

Not really, the difference between King Blackfootfrom Bush Devil is just the front bracket that has two body clip pins to hold the body, i have both manuals, I compared them. Besides that, BD and KBFare the same justall of the blue parts on a BDis Grey/Silver on KBF

The stock bumpers are the same, just didnt use it, i choose a Lunchbox bumper because I thought it looked better
Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 PM
KingBlackft

thats cool