Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

should i buy mgt 8.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 AM
jake383

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i buy mgt 8.0

well getting tired of tmaxx breakedge, how tough are mgt 8.0, need a truck i can bash [not beat] out of the box , how do all your trucks hold up>> heres pics of maxx w/all rrp running gear, cvds with tons of hi-po parts, cant run for five minutes with out it taking a crap...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21526.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1610305  
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Voxmagna

Default RE: should i buy mgt 8.0

indeed the 4.6 is a well balanced truck, but needs lots/minor work depending on what your using it for. do the 4 channel mod since its very easy(requires no money) and replace the steering servo asap
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 AM
jake383

what about the 8.0 dont want to have to replace motor due to lack of power, also what is the 4 channel mod. thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Voxmagna

ORIGINAL: jake383

what is the 4 channel mod. thanks
Everything you need to know >[link]http://www.monstergt.com/articles/steering.php[/link]

PROS
- Power
- Power
- Torque Monster
- Easy to work on

CONS
- GAS
- Weight
- Low RPM
- needs work/mods

Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I love the MGT, but id go with the 4.6. The 4.6 is a screaming little engine and tunes great. Uses less fuel and is probably as fast as the 8.0. The only thing i really like better about the 8.0 are the bigger wheel hexes and stronger transmission. The MGT is a strong truck though.

Eric
Old 05-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Nickboulin

I had the 4.6 previously and now have the 8.0. I would get the 8.0 It does have the stronger transmission, and for bashing purposes, the torque that the 8.0 posseses makes the bashing amazing. There is zero lag in power. Contrary to some posts you will see about the 8.0 engine, it is easy to tune and is much more forgiving on temp then others. It is a good idea to seal the engine before you even fire it up, just to make sure there are no air leaks. This will ensure the tune is easily found and stays close. I have almost 2 gallons through mine, using 30% O'donnell fuel and I still have the original glow plug in the truck. My brother and a couple other friends have Revo 3.3's and they have all burnt up their junk.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 AM
AgentDrewski
My Feedback: (1)

I love my 8.0 I've owned it for about 6 months now, I've had to due a few minor things here and there. But nothing major, it was tricky for me to tune. But only because I'm new to Nitro RC, so there was a learning curve. But now that I have it tuned, I can out run my friends Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4 3.3. If I stiffen up the suspension and diff tires I believe I could beat him around a track. The 8.0 is a beast, there are faster Nitro Trucks out there, but not many, and even less have the torque. For the price its a great truck you won't not be disappointed. IMO its second only to the Losi XXL but that truck is another $200 depending on where you buy it from.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 PM
DanMN

Get the 8.0 and add another gas tank. It's a fun truck and takes a beating. My 10 yo son drives mine and beats it relentlessly. Also, go with a 6 volt batt in it.