Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Team Associated - Monster GT
Reload this Page >

Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?

Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?

Okay, maybe I am starting to hate the MGT 8.0.[:@]
Tried something new with the turnbuckles - Tmaxx short inner end and Savage long outer end...
Went out to try it and now the engine has an airleak.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lTDec5JRT4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM
ausrcnut

Default RE: Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?

Hmmm.... its amazing that it has that immediate effect. Might go and run that test on the MGT as well when I flash it up again. Cheers for sharing mate.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 AM
mgt killer

slayerdude i was wondering how did you get your mgt 4.6 to stop clunking when you hit the throttle. I've been trying to figure this out for a week now and im so confused i noticed you got yours to stop some advice would be very appreciated. [] was it the FOC ?

Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 AM
SLAYERDUDE

I have the 8.0 but yes it was the FOC that got rid of the hard engagement.

Also - haven't messed with the 8.0 since my last post, been racing my D8T truggy with the ERCM modded JL .21 and ERCM 221T truggy side bleed pipe.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:05 PM
ausrcnut

Been putting the XL through its paces. Wheels are great, and oiled diffs work a treat..!! Still cant get rid of the flat spot though. Totally sealed up the engine, and tuned. It clears out, but tends to bog around low-midrange rpm, yet gets a fluctuating idle like its lean, but has heaps of smoke. Dunno, cant wait to fit the LRP.32.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41526.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	447.8 KB
ID:	1766276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55363.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	1766277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz67233.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	1766278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84659.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	1766279  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:47 PM
mgt killer

sweet i am going to try that FOC this week its been drivin me nuts thanks for the help
Old 05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
mgt killer

slayerdude i have a question my truck is makin this loud clicking noise when i nail the throttle with a loss of power from my rear wheels and the front pulls alot harder do you thinks its my diff ?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Voxmagna

check if your missing a screw on drive shaft
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
mgt killer

yeah i checked all of that first.......i found a bad bearing would this make the clicking noise ?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
SLAYERDUDE

Yup, bad brg on the diff will allow the diff gears to disengage and skip.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 AM
TheDIESEL

Do you still have this chassis? I would like to buy this chassis from you or can you make one like it?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
driller2948

Great to see the MGT is still being talked about! Took a new job and haven't had time over the last two years to fiddle much with my nitros! Living thru you guy's lately, great stuff!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 PM
ausrcnut

ORIGINAL: driller2948

Great to see the MGT is still being talked about! Took a new job and haven't had time over the last two years to fiddle much with my nitros! Living thru you guy's lately, great stuff!
Mate, totally understand hey. Im in the same boat. Ive even moved house and all my stuff is in storage till everything is settled. Its killin me. Gotta finish the MGT knuck-mod off. I bought all the bits, just gotta drill/bore/tap the knucks & A-arms and reassemble. Oh...and get the new LRP.32 burning & turning..!.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
driller2948

Are you modding the original AE knucks or RPM? A bigger bearing last much longer! I run ProTek R/C 8x16x5mm rubber sealed wheel bearings you can get (10) for $10.00, and they don't seem to wear out!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM
ausrcnut

ORIGINAL: driller2948

Are you modding the original AE knucks or RPM? A bigger bearing last much longer! I run ProTek R/C 8x16x5mm rubber sealed wheel bearings you can get (10) for $10.00, and they don't seem to wear out!
Yeah, doing the RPM/MUGEN knuck-mod. Its pretty expensive, I think everything cost me about $180 (Aus) total, but at least everything is there now. Just need to fit it all. I did buy a set of "sealed bearings", from an offer I saw but then they came I realised that they had metal shields and not rubber. I know that dust/water will get in them and chew them out pretty quick. I looked the specs up and they were for conveyor-rollers indoor-industrial use. So bummer. I guess I'll just use them till they stuff out and then buy the ones you recommend.

Cheers mate. ;-)
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 AM
ausrcnut

Wow...it's been so darn long since I was last on here. I've moved house, so everything was packed away and all projects stopped. But back into it now. Well, the knuck-mod as turned out to be pretty fiddly, but am almost there. Just getting the delrin retainers machined up now, but have the rest done and all the parts sourced. Pretty expensive and for what it's worth.... the SavageXL.... she bend, she don't break..!!! Light, flexible, I smash the hell out of that thing, but the MGT, it's "badass", but it's sheer weight will always break something. I've even severely bent steering arms etc, I'd hate to know what the servo condition is like.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:18 AM
ausrcnut

New Mill. Stall now, then run in.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:45 PM
ausrcnut

I know it may not interest many people no more but if anyone wanted to finish their MGT Knuck-mod off, I have some Delrin retainers available. I have enough for about 9 MGT's at present.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-24 17.23.46.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1932470  

Last edited by ausrcnut; 10-23-2013 at 10:23 PM.