Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 8 Brushless Build

Old 01-05-2020, 09:46 PM
bainer1290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 8 Brushless Build

Working on a new build and have a few questions that I have not been able to find answers for, hoping you folks can help me out.

I picked up a MGT 8.0 roller, actually was complete minus the engine and electronics. Wanting to turn it into a brushless basher to have some fun with.

Ordered:

-center mount diff ebay

-center diff from a Rc8

-dogbones - kyosho IS009 & MA024

To be ordered:

-Monster Mamba ESC

-Castle 1717 Motor

So the questions are:

-tires, I don't think the stock ones will survive so whats a good option for speed and jumps? I have heard Proline, Moab's, Badlands, Dirt Hawgs, Big Joe's. I need a 23mm hub size rim. Not sure what to try?

-I am looking for some alloy shock towers, I see some on ebay but not sure in the quality.

-A truck body, mine did not come with a body I assume any from a standard 1/8 Monster should fit?

Also if anyone is looking for a S50 gearbox, this one appears to be in good condition, shifts into Forward and Reverse. I am not going to use it, so its for sale or trade for parts.

Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2020, 08:07 PM
D3MON

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tires: Big joes and the badlands are probably some of the better of those (my preferred is the Big Joes, they are very aggressive though, and i have only ran on nitro so i am unsure on ballooning ), if i remember correctly you can get the Rival 17mm wheel hexes and put them on that truck. widens the wheel and tire variety.

shock towers: the ones you are seeing on ebay are GPM ones, they aren't bad, aren't the best, but are not bad. the best would probably be New Era, Nova, or FLM, but those are long since discontinued.

Truck body: most of the ones that fit the Tmaxx 3.3 should fit, double check your width though. these trucks are wide, its usually the width that will not allow certain bodies to be installed.

am interested in that gearbox, but sadly dont have the cash at the moment.

Good luck with the build and definitely post pictures of the build!!
Old 01-09-2020, 04:35 PM
bainer1290

Great I appreciate the advice D3MON!!
Old 01-09-2020, 04:36 PM
bainer1290

I tried to attach pics but I need 10 posts lol so 7 more to go
Old 01-10-2020, 08:00 AM
D3MON

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah kind of a weird requirement, but probably helps with spam etc, definitely would love to see some pictures when you get your 10 posts!!!