Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT Project Ti Aluminum Sirio

Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
francois_rc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT Project Ti Aluminum Sirio

I'm just getting back into the hobby now that my kids are bigger. I got a an RC lot from this guy who's getting out (new kids ha, ha) and he said he spent $10k on his gear. I gave him an offer and backed up the van.

Three of the cars are MGTs and I'm posting the special one here. It is simply breathtaking. It's 98% complete and I'm trying to figure out the last few pieces to it.

I haven't decided whether to keep it or not. It's just too baller and I don't have the track or the friends/club who will appreciate it. I did run the other MGT the past couple of days (bone stock) and it is a great truck!

So here's the photos. Can you guys identify the parts? What's good, what's not, suggestions? I know it has a Sirio .30 and Airtronics metal gear servos. It hasn't been fired up yet. It just likes to pose for photos.

regards,
fc

Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Anomie

Default RE: MGT Project Ti Aluminum Sirio

Jeez, that's lovely. Just my kind of truck!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:45 PM
chevroletman17

i have an mgt and i wish it looked that nice, damn. what motor is in it?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM
chevroletman17

i guess i should read before i ask questions huh? well my mgt has the axial 4.6 in it right now and hauls ass im in the process of replacing sleeve and piston for it, but the aluminum looks nice just it bends if ya hit it just right so probly not the best basher, and its expensive to replace but becuase there is so much aluminum its lighter and probly wont bend as easily. the tires are nice and those hexes look strong too. and im diggin that gastank idk where you get one but i want one lol. nice truck tho keep us posted
Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 PM
KRO

Those are Hardcore Racing titanium and aluminum parts , arguably the best alloy and titanium parts made .

Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and steering links , MIP CVD's ...

Very nice truck BTW , I would either part it out or leave it for a shelf queen .

Its all very top shelf , high quality stuff ... Except for the shocks .....
Old 01-20-2009, 10:48 PM
francois_rc

ORIGINAL: chevroletman17

i guess i should read before i ask questions huh? well my mgt has the axial 4.6 in it right now and hauls ass im in the process of replacing sleeve and piston for it, but the aluminum looks nice just it bends if ya hit it just right so probly not the best basher, and its expensive to replace but becuase there is so much aluminum its lighter and probly wont bend as easily. the tires are nice and those hexes look strong too. and im diggin that gastank idk where you get one but i want one lol. nice truck tho keep us posted

Thanks. Yup, Sirio. I haven't seen them run in person but it looks daunting. I've seen some clips on youtube and the engine pulls hard.

This car is not that light. I'll put it on the scale to compare to stock. This is definitely not ideal for bashing or my playground antics.

fc
Old 01-20-2009, 10:52 PM
francois_rc

ORIGINAL: KRO

Those are Hardcore Racing titanium and aluminum parts , arguably the best alloy and titanium parts made .

Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and steering links , MIP CVD's ...

Very nice truck BTW , I would either part it out or leave it for a shelf queen .

Its all very top shelf , high quality stuff ... Except for the shocks .....
Very helpful info. Thanks.

I'm leaning towards parting it out. The engine would sell better on it's own. And same thing for the electronics.

Shelf queen is right. Or if I owned a golf course I'd make a grass track

fc
Old 01-21-2009, 06:48 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic looking truck you've got there!

If you do decide to keep it GPM manufacture a set of aluminium diff cases and mounts (availible in Blue, silver or red) to replace the stock plastic parts. I think i've even seen an an aluminium radio/battery tray somewhere if you didn't want any stock parts left on it [8D]
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: francois_rc

I'm just getting back into the hobby now that my kids are bigger. I got a an RC lot from this guy who's getting out (new kids ha, ha) and he said he spent $10k on his gear. I gave him an offer and backed up the van.

Three of the cars are MGTs and I'm posting the special one here. It is simply breathtaking. It's 98% complete and I'm trying to figure out the last few pieces to it.

I haven't decided whether to keep it or not. It's just too baller and I don't have the track or the friends/club who will appreciate it. I did run the other MGT the past couple of days (bone stock) and it is a great truck!

So here's the photos. Can you guys identify the parts? What's good, what's not, suggestions? I know it has a Sirio .30 and Airtronics metal gear servos. It hasn't been fired up yet. It just likes to pose for photos.

regards,
fc
WOW! That thing looks killer man! Amazing..........I wish I had that kind of money. LOL

The big question, will it ever be fired up?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
francois_rc

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

WOW! That thing looks killer man! Amazing..........I wish I had that kind of money. LOL

The big question, will it ever be fired up?
It might be a garage queen like some of those classic ferraris rich people own. 50 years old.. 100 original miles. The original owner asked me if I could email him some pics or video when I fired it up. I think he worked and stared at this thing for a year.

My 8-year old kid and I are not worthy of this truck. But it would be nice to hear this one and see it flyyyyyyy!

fc
Old 01-21-2009, 09:18 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]
Old 01-27-2009, 02:33 AM
francois_rc

I put in the stock tires, engine and servo and it's on ebay now.

Item number [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230322042530]230322042530[/link]

The monster Sirio engine is listed too.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:29 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Item number [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230322042530]230322042530[/link]

great truck man, that sirio is a monster, seal it up real well, look for a member here called budbud and look at his tips, seal it up right you will have 0 tuning issues with the motor.

The siro is power house one insane motor, take care of it and it will run forever.

side note, at best your gonna get 600-750max for it and that offer might not come for months on end, but a mgt brand new put 1500 into it only gonna sell it for 500, you never get what you put into it sadly, so hope your not aiming for the moon as your only gonna get the beach. In fact you would be better off selling it in parts, motor tranny a set of arms that way you would get most of your money back instead of selling it as a whole. Not telling you what to do but just giving you some info take it or leave it, just thought i would put my input on this.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:41 PM
francois_rc

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

great truck man, that sirio is a monster, seal it up real well, look for a member here called budbud and look at his tips, seal it up right you will have 0 tuning issues with the motor.

The siro is power house one insane motor, take care of it and it will run forever.

side note, at best your gonna get 600-750max for it and that offer might not come for months on end, but a mgt brand new put 1500 into it only gonna sell it for 500, you never get what you put into it sadly, so hope your not aiming for the moon as your only gonna get the beach. In fact you would be better off selling it in parts, motor tranny a set of arms that way you would get most of your money back instead of selling it as a whole. Not telling you what to do but just giving you some info take it or leave it, just thought i would put my input on this.
That is solid advice man and I appreciate your estimate. It's all good if I can get around that range. I took out the Sirio, servos, pipe, tires since I know they'll do better on thier own sale. Other than that, I can't part it out any more since it's a lot of work!

I'm seriously tempted to keep the Sirio .30 for my existing MGT or Revo Platinum. Maybe next time, when I'm racing or have to crush some friends.

fc
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
francois_rc

24 hours to go on fleabay for the car and the Sirio. Pretty good price so I get to keep the high end radio gear for my stock MGT.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230322042530]mgt[/link]

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230322034326]sirio .30[/link]