Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

This good or bad? (MMGT)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This good or bad? (MMGT)

Well I decided to go out and run my MMGT, unfortunately the only nitro I had left was a quart of 20% Tower hobbies fuel my cousin gave me for free........ After a few minutes of running it in the backyard I noticed it starting to run very sluggish and wasn't performing like usual, so I checked the temperature and it was running 300+ temps....... Also I noticed this after I let it idle for a little bit (it was coming from the exhaust:

Then upon further inspection I noticed this on my MMGT:

I'm hoping it was just the tower hobbies fuel, and I hope that it didn't cause major damage if it is a problem......... I'm going out now to purchase some O'donnell fuel (which I should of did in the first place)
Old 02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
breezerboat

Default RE: This good or bad? (MMGT)

mine did the exact same thing, except it was after I put an OS#8 glow plug in it. I put the Odonnels #99 and it went back to working again. the 300+ temp really scared me. I know this doesn't help you, but it's all I know.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
twomanytoys

Anytime you change fuel brands or content you have to retune. It will not run the same from fuel to fuel.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
ilanstylz

Thanks guys, I figured it was the fuel and needed to be retuned....... I went out and got more O'donnell fuel so I'm about to go and run it pretty soon and see how it runs........
Old 02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
rclynx

Any time you change the manufacturer or heat range on the glow plug you need to tune to that plug also..............it can be worse than changing fuels sometimes [:-]
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
ilanstylz

Yeah I learned that the hard way lol, I ended up changing out the glow plug and noticed that it wasn't running the same so I retuned it a little and it works greatttttttttttt.......... Thanks everyone
Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Fastsavage

I just changed fuel and glow plug...what a big difference the right combination makes, but yes, I had to do a complete retune as well started from factory settings and went from there, well worth the time and effort.