Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Bad Day!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 PM
wht92lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Day!

Me and my wife went to the park today to drive my freshly broken in mmgt 3.0. I ran about 3 tanks through it, and my wife wanted to drive, so I let her. She drove for about 45 seconds before the truck was upside down, and submerged in water. So I immediately grabbed the truck, drained the fuel tank, took the glowplug out and wd-40'd the engine. I got the engine to fire and run. I let it run for about 2 mins before I shut it off. When I got home I drained the tank of the little bit of good fuel I put in at the park, and cleaned engine again with wd-40. The electronics still don't work. The servos are getting power when i turn the switch on, but the servos don't respond to the transmitter, it does nothing. The truck has had ample time to dry out, what's wrong with it? reciever, crystal, or both? I just got the truck yesterday, and this sucks...lol. all part of the game i guess. Thanks for any input you give.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Thunderbird93

Default RE: Bad Day!

I'd let it dry some more. It takes a good while for my Traxxas electronics to recover when I accidentally go through water.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
wht92lude

Default RE: Bad Day!

Good news, I let everything dry out over night, and it works perfectly again. I put about 3 more tanks through it again today. This truck has surpassed my expectations, and being the first associated vehicle I have owned, it's awesome